Just Labradors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
i need some help. we lost our male black lab last month to lukeima. so i`ve been looking for a replacement.

last sunday i adopted/rescued 2 labs from a breeder. both are 4 yrs old, one is a black lab and the other is a chocolate lab.

i made 3 mistakes that day..

1 - the appearence of the property and the cages that housed moms and puppies.

2 - the dogs were laying on the ground when i agreed to buy them, they seemed friendly and had looked good.

3 - i had to pick them up to put them in my truck, breeder said they were nervous. so i didnt question it.

they were fine on the ride home, no noise and they didnt move from were i placed them.. had a hell of a time getting them out of the truck. once i got them in the back yard, they hid behind trees and the fence line. they have been in the same spot since sunday afternoon. they havent been on the back porch or even close to the door to the house.

they are supposedly sisters. they drink and eat at night when i go to bed. if they move, once they see me the head right back to the original hiding spot.

they dont wag tails or look me in the eyes unless i`m giving them a treat.. to me its like they have lived their lives in a cage and had very minimal human contact. breeder says they were house dogs, but i find that very hard to believe. after 2 days, we can finaly bet them, but they show no signs of liking it, they dont growl or bare their teeth, no aggressive movements. i have a smaller back yars, but i cant find any signs of pooping. they do pee thought.

i`ve had dogs since i was in my early 20`s. near 60 now.

i need to know how to either get them to loosen up and be able to get them in my house. i`d really like to keep them, but i getting next to no sleep over this and i might start looking fror ways to get rid of them and start over. i have never returned any pets that we rescued/ adopted. this will be the first. i wont send them back to the breeder.

sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bless you for bringing them home. I think if after 2 days you can pet them that with patience they will warm to you. Labs are sensitive people dogs and can be traumatized by neglect. I’d hope you could find a vet who can make a house call and assure you that the dogs are okay physically. Thinking of what they must have lived before you breaks my heart. Best of luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts