Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Rambo (10 months) has had accident inside home late at night twice in a week. Recently we have been giving him his medicines at night. They include multi-vitamins, a drop of fish oil, calcium pill and a syrup for smooth liver functioning (Liv 52).
I was wondering if this could be the reason for the accidents at night? Last night he became restless and I took him out for his round... though he did his stuff, he again had an accident early this morning...
dunno anything else that could be a connection... and yes, it is ggetting real cold here.. could that be a reason?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Are the meds supposed to be given with meals? If so, then yes it probably is having something to do with his accidents.
I doubt the cold is a reason.

Is he in a crate at night? Might be time to go back to it for a bit so that he wakes you up if he needs to go out.

·
Registered
11,989 Posts
Wondering why you are dosing your puppy with all this stuff? I only add fish oil to my dogs diets. Calcium (as I think you have been told prior) is NOT something you give to a Lab puppy unless you really want fast growth and orthopedic problems. Have NO idea why you need a supplement for your puppy's liver function - does he have a liver problem? And - if you really have to dose him with this stuff it should probably coincide with meals.

On the accident - puppies at this age sometimes take a step backwards in housetraining. Just be consistant and he should work out of this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.