Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm wondering at what age can I switch Dozer from three meals a day to two? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
My baby girl Java is 6 months old and she is on 2 meals a day...she's been on 2 meals a day since we got her at 2 months old, out of necessity. It certainly hasn't hurt her growth-she's over 50lbs and healthy and fit as can be!!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our first lab was only fed 2x per day as a pup, but both my husband and I worked. On the suggestions of my breeder and the people here I've been feeding Dozer 3x per day. I'm in no hurry to change it ... I work from home now ... I'm just wondering when is a good time to do it.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
My boyfriend and I both work also, which is why Java is fed only twice a day. I thought I read somewhere on here that it's ok to start feeding them twice a day around 6 months, but I'm not 100% sure. That must be great working from home and being able to spend so much time with Dozer!!!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I think I switched my pups at about 5-6 months of age.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My boyfriend and I both work also, which is why Java is fed only twice a day. I thought I read somewhere on here that it's ok to start feeding them twice a day around 6 months, but I'm not 100% sure. That must be great working from home and being able to spend so much time with Dozer!!!
Yup, Dozer, my three kids and today my 4 month old nephew. My house is busy busy today! :)

5-6 months sounds like a goodish age to me. LOL

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Ok...so it's not so quiet there!! LOL I was envisioning spending a nice, quiet, relaxing day at home...just you and Dozer-I guess I was a little off base, huh?? lol

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok...so it's not so quiet there!! LOL I was envisioning spending a nice, quiet, relaxing day at home...just you and Dozer-I guess I was a little off base, huh?? lol
Only a little. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts