Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was such a good boy I just had to hug him.

I rode with my helmet, but took it off for the picture. ;) It was the first time I had got on his back without the saddle and I wondered what he would do. Good grief, 15.1hh is tall. lol I had to sling my leg over his back from the mounting block and slide on.

What a good boy he was, he never moved while I mounted him. Not bad for a green almost 6 year old. :)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
He just looks like an easy going horse. Your faces shows how happy you are with him. He looks so good since you have worked on him and got him all clean and spiffy.

I bet he just loves all the attention he gets now. Did he have other horses to pal around with before you got him or is being with them a new experience for him also?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
That's a very sweet pic. :)
(And it looks a lot more comfortable than that pic from a while back where you were hugging him with the saddle-horn jammed into your stomach.)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I'd have to say that you certainly look like you are having the time of your life. You Go Girl! Toby looks wonderful and he probably loves having all the attention and someone to really take care of him.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Ya'll look good. Man, you are more flexible than I am. Can you bend back too? I used to be able to bend backward on them as well so my head was on the rump. These days, I'm lucky I can get on!!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These days, I'm lucky I can get on!!
The only reason I can get on...

I tried putting my foot in the stirrup and getting up and no way. I now ride with a lead line snapped on the bit so if I need to get off for whatever reason, I can lead him back or lead him to someplace where I can climb up on something to mount him again.

Getting on bareback was quite the adventure. lol

Jinx said:
looking good, red!
Ha! I did NOT buy him because our hair was the same color. lol

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am very happy to have him. Most days I'm happy to be on his back. Not the "Alpo" days, but the other days I am. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts