Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neice is in the Capital Pride Band in Columbus, Ohio. She plays the saxaphone, and recently joined the band. They had a concert 2 weeks ago, called "The British Invasion" and the Queen was there! We joined my sister and BIL up there, and then they continued down to see us for the weekend. Here is a pic of the Queen with my sissy and me. It was a $5 donation for the band. It's a 60 piece concert band, and they always can use money to keep going.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"She" was a stand-in for the real Queen of England (without her permission I think). She sat in the side seats of the theater, and waved occassionally, and expressed her disproval a few times. I never realized the queen was so tall!

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
The best 'Queen' was Mr. Bill Monroe, here in Vancouver. He was the spitting image and was often the grand marshall for our pride parades.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a real person all right - "she" sat in the theater and performed "queenly acts". I think theres just alot of makeup there!
When you first saw her in the theater, sitting up front in the far side seats, it did kinda look like the queen from the back.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts