Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure who they think they're kidding. :whistle:

McDonald's has reportedly signed a deal with Weight Watchers to promote some of its meals as suitable for dieters, including Chicken McNuggets.

The three meals marked with the Weight Watchers logo will go on sale in New Zealand on Wednesday and are expected in Australian outlets later this year, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.

As part of the deal, McDonald's will use the Weight Watchers logo on its menu boards and Weight Watchers will promote McDonald's to dieters.

The three meals include nuggets, Fillet-O-Fish and sweet chilli chicken wraps, the paper said.

Boyd Swinburn, from the Australian Society for the Study of Obesity at Deakin University, described the move as a marketing ploy.

"Make no mistake, this is about selling more burgers and fries," he told the paper.

"Mum can go in and feel good about her Weight Watchers meal while she buys the kids burgers. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive."
McDonald's teams up with Weight Watchers

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Mmmmm, mcnuggets. So bad and yet they are like crack. I had some on Sunday and I have been craving them ever since.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Mmmmm, mcnuggets. So bad and yet they are like crack. I had some on Sunday and I have been craving them ever since.
LOL...my toddler can survive off Mcdonalds frenchfries.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I can't stand the smell of McDonald's I don't know what it is about it. The same goes for Burger King, and Wendy's I think it's that deep fat fryer smell it makes me queasy.

I do love McD milk shakes but I might drink 3 a year. I use the drive up on those occasions

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I can't stand the smell of McDonald's I don't know what it is about it. The same goes for Burger King, and Wendy's I think it's that deep fat fryer smell it makes me queasy.
I agree, the smell is disgusting. My son has a friend that works at McD's and he always has that smell.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Love it. Don't be judging me; I need the fries every once in awhile.

There are plenty of things at McDonald's that you could work into a reasonable diet. I don't think it hurts for ww to acknowledge that fast food is a fact of life and to help point people in the direction of the healthier choices.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I agree, the smell is disgusting. My son has a friend that works at McD's and he always has that smell.
When my youngest daughter was in high school they called one of her friends #7. For the longest time I thought it was the strangest nick name. It wasn't until later I found out that #7 was the number for the filet o'fish value meal.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Definitely marketing PR.

In all honesty though, I can't fault fast food places for obesity. Nobody MAKES you go in there and eat. I rarely eat fast food. The grease/fat usually gives me GI problems so I try to stay clear.

Education is the key to obesity. People need to learn about nutrition and exercise, and nobody teaches it in the schools anymore. When I was a kid we learned all that stuff in class and we had GYM everyday, plus recess. We also only had drinking fountains in school (WATER) no soda and candy machines and we never had pizza at lunch time.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Definitely marketing PR.

In all honesty though, I can't fault fast food places for obesity. Nobody MAKES you go in there and eat. I rarely eat fast food. The grease/fat usually gives me GI problems so I try to stay clear.

Education is the key to obesity. People need to learn about nutrition and exercise, and nobody teaches it in the schools anymore. When I was a kid we learned all that stuff in class and we had GYM everyday, plus recess. We also only had drinking fountains in school (WATER) no soda and candy machines and we never had pizza at lunch time.
add two cops patrolling the halls and that was my school too.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I ate fast food twice last year, but a local place that has decent stuff. Ain't had any this year, if I do it will most likely be the same place. If I'm on the road and can't wait, I'll stop at a grocery store and get me some cheese and crackers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts