Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now the tornado siren is going off (monthly test), the bell tower at the university down the street is chiming its long noon song, my livingroom clock is chiming noon, and Jacob is howling like I have never heard before.
Oh the cacophony!
:eek:

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
WEll, at least Jacob is making sure you don't miss the sirens...didn't you take him to the basement and give cookies during the warning...he figures if he reminds you, maybe he'll get treats!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I love the word: cacophony... I will use it all day. (out of context of course!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I was growing up, I lived near a Naval Base and a Libby's Plant. I don't know where the sound came from, but we had those loud sirens.

I was about 10 at the time and those sirens scared the living everything out of me!! I use to huddle in my bed so frightened. I was alone, no living Mom, just an absent Father. :'(

If only I had a Lab or two to keep me safe and warm under those covers, I would have different memories today!!

I didn't get my first dog until I was 29-30. I will never, ever, live without one again. And, I don't know how people can do it. It just doesn't seem natural to me.

I'm 42 now and if my DH ever said no more dogs, I'd leave him!!! LOL ;) ;) Okay, I wouldn't leave, I'd keep the house, after all, it has a great yard for dogs!!! LOL, :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts