Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have Mother's day Sunday and it is also my mom's b-day. My dad's b-day is the 16. My son's b-day the 20. Two weddings, a bridal shower, two high school graduations and a college graduation.
Not sure we can afford to eat this month. :-\
Oh yeah, and we have to put down a deposit on Tennis camp for one kid and golf league for another ::)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Zoinks! I was hoping for a quiet financial month after paying taxes, but that won't happen. My daughter closed on her first house Monday so we will/are providing paint and labor as a house warming gift. She is also due to deliver this week. We have an out of state party - reunion to attend Saturday. Mothers day Sunday. We are having two rather large trees removed before Memorial day and I need to get a stamped and colored concrete patio done for Lorri's 50th birthday gift,June 8th.

I will require a cash transfusion by the forth of July.

G

·
I know. I swear I am getting an ulcer just thinking about it. We are buying a house which has created a ton of fees with the inspection, survey, deposit, ect. Paying off my Disneyland trip for July and throw in 2 graduations, my sons dance recital's costume the tickets, and dvd purchase of the event, and I'm thinking we will be eatting hamburger soup the rest of the month. We'll be stuffing our backpacks full of free continental breakfast at Disneyland to make it through the day. :-\

Money stress sucks!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
May/June is insane for us, both financially and calendarically (is that a word? well, it is one now. forgive me, Nance). We got married in May because it was the 'quietest' month of the year. It's now the busiest. MIL birthday. Mother's Day. Anniversary. DW#1 graduation. Dance recitals. Father's Day.

The only good news is that it's also Wedding Season, so at least there'll be some positive cash-flow to offset the outlays..........

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Here too!

We're building a deck, which looks like hell at the moment because someone (I won't name names) cannot cut a proper 22.5 degree angle and screwed up some 45 degree angles. Hoo Boy. So that is more money.

Then Mother's Day. Dh's birthday is on the 24th, SIL's is the 31st, Cameron's is the 7th of June, DH's Stepmom's is on the 7th. AND, my SIL's bridal shower is the 27th of May. So much to do. So little money. lol oh and at the end of June my dad and my BIL share a birthday.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am hating my checkbook right now. My grandfather passed away unexpectedly so that ended up being $1000 in flights, boarding for the dogs, and flowers. Then hubby's computer blew up there goes another $1000. We are supposed to put up a fence $2500 and we have a wedding in Nov that I am in and dresses have to be ordered this month and we made our flight reservations (got lucky there, both of us roundtrip for $80 on the airline). Mother's day flowers for our moms too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts