Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to please close your door? Your cold air is pissing on my lawn again.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A FREEZE
WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM EDT /10 PM CDT/ THIS
EVENING TO 10 AM EDT /9 AM CDT/ TUESDAY. A FREEZE WATCH HAS ALSO
BEEN ISSUED. THIS FREEZE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING
THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.

A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL ALLOW COLD CANADIAN AIR TO TAKE
HOLD OVER THE REGION TONIGHT AND AGAIN TUESDAY NIGHT. FREEZING
CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED WITH OVERNIGHT LOWS BOTTOMING OUT IN THE
UPPER 20S TO NEAR 30 DEGREES.

DUE TO RECENT WARM TEMPERATURES MANY PLANTS AND TREES HAVE ALREADY
BEGUN TO FLOWER AND BLOOM. THESE FREEZING CONDITIONS COULD
POTENTIALLY HARM TENDER YOUNG PLANTS...FLOWERING TREES AND CROPS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FREEZE WARNING MEANS SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE IMMINENT OR
HIGHLY LIKELY. THESE CONDITIONS WILL KILL CROPS AND OTHER
SENSITIVE VEGETATION.

A FREEZE WATCH MEANS SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE POSSIBLE.THESE CONDITIONS COULD KILL CROPS AND OTHER SENSITIVE VEGETATION.
You're killing our tender and young, I hope you're happy.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
You're killing our tender and young, I hope you're happy.
It seems to be a built in trait amongst the Canadians to kill any defenceless form of life. First it was seals & now vegetation. You'd think they'd learn to fight a fair fight against opponents who are capable of standing up to them but obviously they haven't matured that far yet. :rolleyes:

As for their freezing wind they're sending down to the US, that could be reversed if every American home & business near the border had huge fans pointing north & sent it straight back to them. Hell, it might even help preserve the polar ice cap for a few more years. :)

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to be a built in trait amongst the Canadians to kill any defenceless form of life. First it was seals & now vegetation. You'd think they'd learn to fight a fair fight against opponents who are capable of standing up to them but obviously they haven't matured that far yet. :rolleyes:

As for their freezing wind they're sending down to the US, that could be reversed if every American home & business near the border had huge fans pointing north & sent it straight back to them. Hell, it might even help preserve the polar ice cap for a few more years. :)
We've tried sending our hot air up there before, but then they whine about it killing their polar bears.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Well... We only gave you cold.. We're currently experiencing SNOW from a system that is coming via Colorado. :(

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
We might even get snow flurries! ****! I've already planted all my annuals.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We might even get snow flurries! ****! I've already planted all my annuals.
That happened to a lot of people here last year. We had unseasonably warm weather for the last week in March, and everyone put out their annuals. Then in the first week of April it dropped into the teens. It killed the blooms on most trees and plants, and the Bradford Pears had half dead leaves all year long where the ends froze.

It's really unusual for us to have these late freezes two years in a row. I guess we'll go another year without a full spring. I guess that's good for me, less pollen = less allergies.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I think we all of us in North America have to learn to cooperate a little better. Maybe the folks in the southern tier states of the US can leave their doors open Dec through March, and those in the Canadian provinces can open their door June through September.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Explain to me why our cold temps come from some random state (i think the last i remember was kansas) and you guys blame an entire country for it?

Holy blanket blaming, batman!

Oh well.. at least we have each other to blame =)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Sorry aboot that. I hope you all have your toques and parkas out.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Explain to me why our cold temps come from some random state (i think the last i remember was kansas) and you guys blame an entire country for it?

Holy blanket blaming, batman!

Oh well.. at least we have each other to blame =)
That was part of what I was getting at, it has always struck me as odd/funny that we call it "Canadian air." We do occasionally blame specific provinces (e.g. Alberta Clippers or Saskatchewan Screamers - which incidentally has two meanings).

We also blame the heat of the summer on Bermuda (Bermuda high).

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I think we all of us in North America have to learn to cooperate a little better. Maybe the folks in the southern tier states of the US can leave their doors open Dec through March, and those in the Canadian provinces can open their door June through September.
Now this is a good idea!:p

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The forecasted low is 28 tonight. Will it kill my lilies and hostas, one night that cold?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts