1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wand:

curly wand
straight wand

what is the difference? I always wondered. Which do you use?

(I am eyelash impaired)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I use Covergirl Lash-exact.

It has a straight wand. This one seems to keep clumping to a minimum.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I never liked the curly wand.
I always use a really plump straight wand.
I use L'Oreal Voluminious for every-day and DiorShow for special occasions.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, two straights so far.

why do they make two different wands?
I bought the curled wand, thinking it may curl my lashes a bit more.

(btw, I use Covergirl Professional, which is waterproof; I think it used to be Covergirl Marathon)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Linda, I think the curl wand is supossed to help lift and curl your lashes better.
IMO it doesn't really work much better than a regular wand, but that's me.
A good eyelash curler and I'm set.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Maybelline Great Lash - the pink tube with the green top. Washable, not waterproof. Straight wand. This one seems to work the best for me.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Maybelline Great Lash here too! I like it better than anything. I've tried more expensive brands, Estee Lauder and such, and this is the only thing that doesn't clump on me. It has a straight wand. I think those curly wands encourage clumping!

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm...perhaps Maybelline changed.

I bought it once and by the end of the day, the bottom of my eyes were black. Took it back for an exchange for cover girl.

I have to use an eyelash curler in addition to mascara, Kimmers.
Poor ting me.... oh lah. Molly & I are eyelash impaired.

I'd give eyelashes over boobs anyday. ;D :D

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Straight want, I onlyl use Lancome mascara. It's the only one that doesn't shmear for me. I've tried absolutely every mascara sold in the drugstores...by the end of the day I have huge black smudges under my eyes, but never from the Lancome. Wierd but true.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Maybelline Great Lash - the pink tube with the green top. Washable, not waterproof. Straight wand. This one seems to work the best for me.
I just went out and bought my yearly 3 tubes - one for the bedroom bathroom, one for the back hall bathromm where I usually put it on in the morning and one for my purse. Brownish Black. I've used it forever too. Tried others occasionally but they never did as well.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Cover Girl - usually curved brush, but have bought uncurved. Prefer curved. Non-waterproof (waterproof is too hard to remove) and I never get smudging. Allergic to Maybellline.

Ladies - if you get clumping - wet a q-tip and run up the lashes from closest to eye and up and away. I use this method every morning to get my lashes separate, but full.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I'm using Maybelline straight wand now. I have tried curly & I don't really see a difference. I also like Clinique & Lancome but I have to get to the mall to buy them.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Straight Lash use Dior show with clinique primer.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I use the Maybelline Great Lash, black as well. I also read that it will help with the no clumping if you don't pump your mascara wand in the bottle. Plus, apparently, that is bad as it lets air into the product and can cause bacteria or something. I used to pump, then whipe the excess off the wand on the bottle lip.

I've actually noticed that since I stopped pumping, and started wiping the excess of the tip of the wand onto a piece of toilet paper, I no longer get clumps at all.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hmmmm ... Just wondering if you'd post about scotch tape?

;D

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I am known as a mascara fiend in my circle of influence. I never leave the house without mascara on, when I don't I feel completely naked. If I was on Survivor, mascara would be my luxury item. Yes, I am that sad. If you want reviews on ANY drugstore mascara - let me know, I've tried them all. I've also tried some Lancome. My current choice is the Maybelline XXL - where you put the white tube on first, wait and then put on the black tube. Its not quick and easy but it works. I also use an eyelash curler.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts