Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I will be gone for a week and Mambo will be at the pawsinn. I wanted to bring him a few Marrow bones for them to give throughout the week.

But since they don't watch him the whole night. well you know he is in the kennel,is it safe to let them give to him? He isn't a chewer more of a sucker.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I have given Shadow a marrow bone before I left for work. Just make sure they are thick bones, with no thin, brittle edges he might break off. If he's more a licker or sucker than chewer, I would think he'd be okay. Have you given them to him before? If he hasn't had them already, then I'd say no, because they can be too rich at first and give Mambo the runs if he has one for too long.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AmazonGold said:
I have given Shadow a marrow bone before I left for work. Just make sure they are thick bones, with no thin, brittle edges he might break off. If he's more a licker or sucker than chewer, I would think he'd be okay. Have you given them to him before? If he hasn't had them already, then I'd say no, because they can be too rich at first and give Mambo the runs if he has one for too long.
He has had before and loves them. Thats his treat in the evenings. I let him suck on it until he is bored than put it back in the freezer for the next night. Never had a belly issues.

Thanks. They said I can do PB kongs to, Maybe I will do both.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
If Mambo is used to the marrow bones, then go for it. They don't even need to be refrigerated or refrozen, so he can keep on with him while he's there until he cleans it out. If it's warm, the PB kongs can get a bit messy if not frozen.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Is Mambo going to a kennel?

When I have dogs over for home boarding at my house I don't allow them to have marrow bones or rawhide. Even though an incident is unlikely to happen I don't want to chance it.

If the place you are boarding him at is happy with the arrangement I don't see a problem. However, my only concern would be who the liability falls on in the small chance something might happen.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, he is going to a kennel, They are ok with it. I even asked if they could make sure they are frozen when they give to him so it will take him longer to get the marrow out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts