Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After we went training this morning we stopped at the butcher's to get some new marrow bones. The girls had a ball. Please excuse SU's butt in the one picture.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Look at those poor starving little dogs. Don't you ever feed them? :rolleyes:

I can't trust my 2 inside with bones. They'd be on the furniture with them faster than you could blink. :eek:

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Garth - They have to stay in the kitchen with them. They need supervised or they will take off with them. I can just see marrow on the carpet & then coming home one day to a hole chewed in the carpet. Remember how Abby chewed a hole in my family room carpet after I spilled wine?

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Garth - They have to stay in the kitchen with them. They need supervised or they will take off with them. I can just see marrow on the carpet & then coming home one day to a hole chewed in the carpet. Remember how Abby chewed a hole in my family room carpet after I spilled wine?
Oh yeah, the "wine incident". How could I forget? :D My house is a sort of open plan. Nothing to separate the kitchen/dining/lounge so it's just a short hop onto the couch or run off on to my bed! :eek: Staying inside with bones is NOT an option! :D:D

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wendy B. - I don't cook them, I let them chew on them about 20-30 minutes, rinse them off & put them in the freezer. I can get a couple months of chewing if they are in okay shape. They don't get them everyday.

Nick - Yes, they do love them. So where is Jess's picture?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Nick - Yes, they do love them. So where is Jess's picture?
Guilty as charged. I didn't take one. I did take one yesterday when he was swimming, but I didn't think about a priceless marrow bone picture.

Honestly, I never took pictures, but I find myself taking more and more the older he gets. He's starting to get the gray under the chin, and is slowing down just a bit. He's starting to remind me of the Sheltie we had when I was a kid. She died the day before I left for college. I was only 3 when we got her, so she was around for all of what I remember of my childhood. I never realized how much you could love a dog until she passed. It pains me to see the aging process take it's slow toll on Jes.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Aww it looks like your girls really enjoy them! Reminds me to add to the list of "to do's" tomorrow, stop at the butchers- Sammi is out of marrow bones, so I need to not let her see those pictures!:D Sammi is not the best trained pooch in the world, but she is trained that all treats, marrow bones included are to stay on her bed- even if it rolls off she will pick it up and put it back on her bed- yes I do wash it regularly!;)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Wow! Those are nice looking ones! My two would go bonkers for those.

Ours are half that size!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
My three are jealous. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts