Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all think i'm a big, fat whinger.. but seriously.. i was standing on my parents driveway this afternoon and noticed the snowbank was up to my shoulder.

This winter has had even more snow than usual.. i'll have to get a pic.. Theresa, there is no sign of grass anywhere near here =)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i seriously could not deal with all the snow you get. snow has one purpose - make christmas pretty then go away.

oh, my birthday is this month. :D

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
****, woman, you're out whoring me. i mean out post whoring me.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
How do you keep warm ?

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I get depressed with the snow we get here in W. Pa. I don't think I could handle what you deal with at my age. When we lived in Plattsburgh, NY. I remember the snow banks that looked like mountains!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I saw a Robin this morning while playing with the dogs. It's so eerie how quiet winter gets. I forgot how much i love hearing the birds in the morning. this has definitely been a long winter. we could see snow all the way into april around here. i hope that's not the case. my snowbells are coming up from underground and i don't want them squished.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
We are doing a celebratory dance here, too. It always seems so good to see February in the rear-view mirror.

Though, our dance will be hastened by the fact that we have 10-14 inches of snow expected over the next 36 hours. Can't dance when you are shoveling.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I've been around snow like that before but only on ski trips in the Rockies.
It's a wonderment and beautiful but having to live with it would be treachery.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
kelli - we only got to see some grass this past week I think. It happened pretty quick, a few days of above freezing, some rain and fog. I just hope that the system coming through this week is rain and NO more snow! So take heart, spring will be here eventually!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
We are FINALLY seeing some bare patches. We had rain yesterday & earlier in the week and that helped, but the snowbanks are still monstrous, and the ice from all of the rain/freeze patterns is impossible to chop through. I know I live in Nova Scotia, and shouldn't be whining about snow, but we really got slammed this year. All of Canada did. Please, no more snow. There is a storm coming tomorrow, but I hope it warms up & just rains. We've had a major storm every week for the last 11 weeks, this will be 12. Enough.

Kel, it has to end sometime, girl. It has to. We actually has a +3 day last week. Mind you, today it is back to -9. Is is warming up at all there? I swear, I could smell spring that day.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Hope spring comes soon for you!

Here in Mississippi we got 3-4" of snow last night and today. It was exciting and fun to play in since we very seldom get snow, but I definitely wouldn't want it around all the time.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
We don't get nearly as much as you do Kelli but I am sick of it. We had alot of snow & ice this year in SW PA. I'm ready for spring. I do see grass now but thanks to the girls & the rain now....all I see is brown grass & mud holes.:(

·
Registered
106 Posts
i seriously could not deal with all the snow you get. snow has one purpose - make christmas pretty then go away.

oh, my birthday is this month. :D
Happy Birfday!!!!!

I am so with you about snow, I didn't think I could ever be this sick of that cold white crap, but I guess I've hit a new level of being totally fed-up.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I know I shouldn't complain here as we have had a really mild winter but I am so ready to be outside playing in the dirt and planting my garden.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
We still have plenty of snow and if spring repeats itself like every year, we'll get one more big dump. I don't look to spring until that big storm in March.

I am looking for that first day when the snow is gone and you can feel the ground warm under your feet. i think we still have 5 or 6 weeks to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.