Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
:'( That is just insane

I have 2 friends that go there and I've been trying to get a hold of them...no luck so far though :(

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
very sad. Stacey, I hope your friends check in soon.

(the gunman is dead too)

·
Registered
588 Posts
My boss is really upset. Her daughter is a student there. Luckily she is at her apartment and wasn't on campus when this started. But she has a friend that she can't get in touch with. A guy in her apartment complex has a police scanner and they are hearing that there are about 31 dead. Prayers to all the families involved. This is so sad.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I just heard our Vice President walking by my office and asking for someone to check on-line about this, he was in a meeting and someone got it on their blackberry. I just went to cnn.com to check. How AWEFUL!

Prayers for all those affected, fellow students, faculty, staff and families... :'(

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I'm sitting here reading all of the info on cnn and I just keep asking "why??". Why are people so stupid, why kill so many people and yourself.

It's just sad that people don't get the help they need before something like this happens...something is seriously wrong with a person who does something like this :(

I have to leave for work in about 15 minutes and it's going to suck wondering if my friends are ok...neithe rof them are good about answering their phones so I'm hoping that's the case today. :'(

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
AbbyandMolly said:
I'm sitting here reading all of the info on cnn and I just keep asking "why??". Why are people so stupid, why kill so many people and yourself.

It's just sad that people don't get the help they need before something like this happens...something is seriously wrong with a person who does something like this :(

I have to leave for work in about 15 minutes and it's going to suck wondering if my friends are ok...neithe rof them are good about answering their phones so I'm hoping that's the case today. :'(
I'm sorry your friends are there. :( If it is any consolation, there are 26,000 students at VT, so the chances that your friends are among the injured are small.

Do you know what their majors are? When I was there, the engineering building was reserved for engineering students' classes, so if your friends have a different major that ENG, they were most likely not injured...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I was just reading that the first shooting happened 2 hours before the second. I wonder how the gunman was able to still kill so many people. Wouldnt the place have cops all over it after the first shooting. Or I wonder if they didn't know.

This makes me very sad to read. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Montgomery County Schools locked down too......the winds are so bad here they cannot fly them to the trauma units here in Roanoke....they are having to drive them by ambulance the 40 miles..............several of my friends and co-workers have children there....my son graduated last summer....they are still in lock down and the authorities are releasing them little by little.......it is horrible! They are now saying the campus is secure.......

Try WSLS's live video.....hope the link works.....

http://www.wsls.com/

http://video.wsls.com/global/video/.../D/999/12345/v0001/reflector:55656&h1=WSLS-TV Live&at1=News&LiveURITitle=WSLS-TV%20Live&LaunchPageAdTag=News&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.wsls.com/&rnd=23616189

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
at least 28 in the hospital......three gunshoot victims in Roanoke Memorial in critical condition.....they have the Level One Trauma Unit in the area......they are saying they have not been notified of any more wounded coming in listed as critical......we have another hospital in the area taking in wounded......

Yes, there were two bomb threats there...one April 2 and the other April 13......

·
Registered
746 Posts
Mambo said:
I was just reading that the first shooting happened 2 hours before the second. I wonder how the gunman was able to still kill so many people. Wouldnt the place have cops all over it after the first shooting. Or I wonder if they didn't know.

This makes me very sad to read. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.
They didn't know it seems. I am quoting this post from another board I frequent:

[size=10pt][size=10pt]I've talked to people there. Everybody I know is OK. We have yet to hear from one of my sister's friends though (female engineering student in the Corp).

After the first shooting, they DID NOT lock down the campus. There was no visible security and no students or teachers were informed. Classes continued to be held as normal.
[/size][/size]
I can't believe they didn't lock down after the first shooting. Considering they locked the whole campus down when the escaped prisoner was hiding there a while back. :(

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
How sad!! I heard about this today on the radio! I used to live in West AJ too!!! Prayers for all the families and all those involved! :( I was an engineering student but I don't remember if I ever had classes in that building! :(

1 - 20 of 46 Posts