Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, the reception this guy got yesterday, it was a rock star welcome! I have to admit, I am star struck too. If nothing else, Obama is great PR for the uS, and I am betting he'll do wonders for America's international image.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Crazy, eh?

I still wish I had gone.

I bet Harper was a little miffed- he doesn't get that kind of reception. When he was in Moncton when we were there- he flew into the airport that is literally four houses from where we were staying. There were no crowds like that- There was just two grandparents with their grandkids standing on the side of the street waving. It just happened that it was my kids and my inlaws. DH and I drove by on the way home from somewhere. We couldn't figure out why they were standing there. And there was no huge blockade or anything. It was quite different than what Obama is experiencing- that is for sure.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Did you see where the shop keeper wouldn't even let him pay for his cookie?
The thing that's cool about his visit, is that his schedule didn't include time to get out to be seen by the public, but he insisted on making appearances. When he arrived in Ottawa yesterday and was being whisked inside for his meeting with our PM, he asked, "Can we step outside to say hello to those folks?" Or words to those effect. I think that public opinion on the US is going to go way up with him in office.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Some people feel the same way about Britney Spears. :)
Who is she???

Yes, I agree that he is going to do wonders for our image internationally, and hopefully for our country. Talk about a classy man that is an eloquent speaker! About 100 steps up from our previous so called "leader" ;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I am betting he'll do wonders for America's international image.
I think so, too. Man-o-man, I just hope this stimulus package does some good for the economy. I'm really worried.....

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
It's true, we do love him! I was thrilled that he came to Ottawa yesterday - if I'd known he was going to do an informal stop at the Market, I'd have walked over. People were cheering and smiling along the barricades!

A somewhat different reception than Bush got in 2004. :p

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
No offense, but this is a bunch of baloney! This book was written and is supported by those who just can't accept that he was elected by popular vote and feel a need to make excuses for him becoming president. And like the media (ahem....FOX News) isn't right wing republican and completely infatuated with the Bush administration...

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
No offense, but this is a bunch of baloney! This book was written and is supported by those who just can't accept that he was elected by popular vote and feel a need to make excuses for him becoming president. And like the media (ahem....FOX News) isn't right wing republican and completely infatuated with the Bush administration...
LOL......we know the media is fair and doesn't lean one way.........that book is preposterous.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts