Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying a new recipe...Mexican Manicotti. After you fill the uncooked manicotti,which consists of lean hamburger, refried beans and spices, you pour 2 1/2 cups of water and a 16 oz. jar of salsa on top. It says to refrigerate for 8 hours. I just read the 8 hour part and it's 3:05!
Does anyone have an idea if I could still bake it in about 2 hours and not wait?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I'm thinking you need the time for the water and salsa to soften the pasta. Less time might result in it not baking properly.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Maybe you could partially cook the manicotti before stuffing.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
This is exactly why I don't cook! :D

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Don't know if it would work with Manicotti, but I've done lasgana without boiling the noodles, and just popped it in the oven- no waiting.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Why don't you just cook the Manicotti, stuff the noodles, reduce the water to a half cup and cook it? The excess water and the long wait are just to soften up the noodle.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here in lies the problem. I've already assembled the dish. I guess I could "punt" for supper. I could probably baked later tonight and have it tomorrow for supper.
Rule of wisdom.....read the entire recipe first! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I let the mancotti sit in the frig for two hours and cooked for an hour. It turned out great! Easy recipe even if you have to spend some time stuffing the shells. I'll make it again. Success!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts