Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Meijer's this morning, and picked up mangoes, peaches, bananas, strawberries, and a honeydew.

I just had one of the mangoes, and it was heavenly! Sweet, succulent, juicy flesh.

I wonder if I could grow a dwarf mango tree in a greenhouse?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've never had a mango...

But I love strawberries!!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I just LOVE mangos, as long as they are ripe and not stringy. You know what's funny? My mom (and in the area that I grew up in) calls green peppers "mangos". So if you mention mangos to her, she's thinks you're talking about green peppers.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just LOVE mangos, as long as they are ripe and not stringy. You know what's funny? My mom (and in the area that I grew up in) calls green peppers "mangos". So if you mention mangos to her, she's thinks you're talking about green peppers.
Pat, a girl I knew in Florida also called green pepper mangoes! After I had tasted my first one, I was talking to her on the phone about it. I was saying how sweet and juicy it was and she said "That's wrong, they're supposed to be crisp and crunchy." We went back and forth for a while, totally misunderstanding each other. I finally asked her to describe a mango to me, and she described a bell pepper. I told her that and she said "Of course, that's what a mango is!" Your Mom is the only other person I have heard of that calls green peppers mangoes! Is she from Cincinnati?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh I love Mango's!!! The smell, the taste and flavor, they're awesome!! Mango smoothie, mango margarita's, dried mangos and just plain mangos as a fruit!! :D

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Ahh, mangos!!

They need to be as ripe as a fully ripe peach or avocado before eating.

And the flavor -- one bite reminiscent of strawberry, another of banana or peach, and another, pure mango!!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
And let us not forget Mango Salsa. One of my co-workers daughters is married to the excutive chef at a 5 star resort here in Scottsdale. She was sick one weekend so he made her pot luck dish for her. He made chicken roll-ups with mango salsa that was to die for.

I love mangos...strasberries...raspberries..peaches....lets face it just about all summer fruits.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And let us not forget Mango Salsa. One of my co-workers daughters is married to the excutive chef at a 5 star resort here in Scottsdale. She was sick one weekend so he made her pot luck dish for her. He made chicken roll-ups with mango salsa that was to die for.

I love mangos...strasberries...raspberries..peaches....lets face it just about all summer fruits.
My first husband was a chef, trained in London, England. Oh, the lovely dishes he could prepare!

I love almost all fruits, but summer ones are the best. I have kiwis, too, and I think I will make a nice plate of sliced fruit later for lunch.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I am biased but Aussie Mangoes are the best ones in the whole world! It's the one thing that QLD does oh so well. ****.. I want a mango now. Stupid winter....

And there is nothing better than rocket, mango and chicken salad! mmmmmmmmm yum!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am biased but Aussie Mangoes are the best ones in the whole world! It's the one thing that QLD does oh so well. ****.. I want a mango now. Stupid winter....

And there is nothing better than rocket, mango and chicken salad! mmmmmmmmm yum!
What's rocket??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts