Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first male dog so I'm not used to the whole "chapstick" and humping. Finn is 16 weeks old and a couple of weeks ago he had his first episode of humping. Of course this was with the breeder at a dog show while playing with his brother :) Nothing since then until a few days ago. He is trying to mount Maggie. She is spayed so there are no worries there and Maggie is a big girl and handles herself just fine. Last night Finn tried to get her (he is still too short) and she swatted his butt to the ground and let him know what was up. While training last night he got very excited while working on downs. I told him to put it away and he did but this went on the whole time. I know he is still young and learning but I just want to make sure I am doing the right things. I don't want him to think he can hump things and it's ok.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Marlan used to hump when he was tiny. It progressively got more frequent until he was neutered about a month ago. I have only seen him do it once since then. It wasn't something we liked him to do, but we had little control over it. We just told him to stop everytime he started. Luckily he doesn't do it anymore.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Ah, this brings back memories. Theo never humped anything other than his stuffed animals, but I do recall his first erection. It was as though he had been possessed by an alien presence. He kept looking down at it in panic. Finally he lay very still and it went away. Poor guy! ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts