Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..I've had male dogs before..but this was before pc's, and forums and lists. I have kind of a delicate question to ask..
Dakota is 19 wks old, I've noticed lately..he sometimes exposes himself..I notice this when he's sitting or standing away from me..could someone tell me what this means? One time it was while he was waiting to come in from outside..wham..there "it" was.
I've always wondered about why this happens when there is no sexual activity.
Jackie

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Perfectly normal for a male dog's penis to slip from its shaft-covering every now and then. It can be triggered by dozens of things, including many that have nothing to do with reproduction. No worries -- your dog does not need to register as a sex offender. :p

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ROFLING....whew..that's a load off my mind. I was trying to be...delicate about the question..didn't want to..sound weird. Ok..so normal it is!!! Thank you!! LOL
Jackie ;D

dweck said:
Perfectly normal for a male dog's penis to slip from its shaft-covering every now and then. It can be triggered by dozens of things, including many that have nothing to do with reproduction. No worries -- your dog does not need to register as a sex offender. :p

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Asking about an appearance from Mr Peepers is one of the least-weird things this board sees. We've gone much further than that. And if Lab Chat strikes you as mild, try Odds & Ends for an afternoon or two.

Wesley always seemed ready to exhibit his bragging rights at obediance trials, during sits. I'd walk to the other end of the ring and turn and see him sitting there grinning like a fool. HELLO!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I asked the same thing when it first happened with Tal. perfectly normal. Even though he has been neutered his still makes appearances..lol

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I haven't seen the 'Red Rocket' since my boys were neutered. Before then, 'Rocket' would pop out frequently and usually in public place. :-[

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've peeked in at O&E a few times..but didn't know if I should jump in. I have a few jokes..I was thinking of passing along..and other..Odd and Ends..LOL
Yep..I'm figuring I will be....embarrassed many times with Dakota..as you said.."hellooo". LOL
Jackie

dweck said:
Asking about an appearance from Mr Peepers is one of the least-weird things this board sees. We've gone much further than that. And if Lab Chat strikes you as mild, try Odds & Ends for an afternoon or two.

Wesley always seemed ready to exhibit his bragging rights at obediance trials, during sits. I'd walk to the other end of the ring and turn and see him sitting there grinning like a fool. HELLO!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep..I remember my other neutered males..all had..lipsticks? show up...the only dog I had that hid it well..was my collie..sooooooooo much fur. LOL
Jackie

myfavoritedog said:
I asked the same thing when it first happened with Tal. perfectly normal. Even though he has been neutered his still makes appearances..lol

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Red Rocket..LOLOL!!! We should have a contest to "name" the lil buggers..see who comes up with the best. I love all of the ones I've read here..Mr. Peepers, Red Rocket, Lipstick..*giggle*..I'll never use lipstick again without a mental image. LOL
Jackie :laugh:

Trickster said:
I haven't seen the 'Red Rocket' since my boys were neutered. Before then, 'Rocket' would pop out frequently and usually in public place. :-[

1 - 14 of 14 Posts