Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it just so happens that you're giving someone the silent treatment during that time period, does it count as holy silence? :-\

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Paddysmom said:
If it just so happens that you're giving someone the silent treatment during that time period, does it count as holy silence? :-\

Hum..maybe if you are praying for them, it all cancels out. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You and Tud at it again? :police:

Yes, that would definitely qualify as Holy Silence.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Paddysmom said:
Good question! I suggested to one of my coworkers yesterday that she consider starting early. :)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BoatDog said:
Nance - not catholic - what's holy silence? (Sorry!)
It's what we were taught in school (1950s). It is the time of day Christ was believed to have been in the death process (or so we were taught). To maintain a holy silence, contemplating Christ's death on the cross, what it meant for our redemption, silently asking forgiveness for our sins. Like that. :)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
We used to do this as kids...sat on the couch on the formal Living room, said the rosary, led by my mom and then we would attend Stations and sit in church for awhile.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
I slept through that entire time span.. does that still count? And wouldn't this silence be in a different time zone?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
kelli said:
I slept through that entire time span.. does that still count? And wouldn't this silence be in a different time zone?
Not if you broke the silence by snoring, Kel. ;D

G

·
Hmmm...

I went to Catholic school in the 60s and do not remember that at all.

I guess I have done a pretty good job of erasing that tape!

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I went to Catholic school too...and during the 12-3 hours we went to Stations of the Cross---obviously praying and following the Passion very closely...always solemn..never silent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts