Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the critters out and about in the woods and all the fantastic smells and piles of deer and coyote scat to sniff and/or eat.. :-\

she has gone deaf. ::) absolute zero recall. Yesterday I got so fed up, I leashed them up and came back to the house not 10 minutes into the walk. Cricket puts her to recall shame...for a little terrier she sure seems to know how to listen to her mom alot more than Miss Lucy. ;)
and on leash, Lucy will be walking nicely and without warning she darts to the end of the leash to sniff out a track..practically pulling my arm out of my socket. Arrrgghhhh...

"Lucy, here!"
Lucy ignore, sniff the ground, ignore...runs towards me like she is listening to me, puts on the brakes, zig zag, stop, zig and zag...stop and sniff, sniff, look around and then EVENTUALLY she comes to me "what???,mom, I am here aren't I?" ???

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
I can relate to the zigging and zagging. This is what Zoe does at the beach while looking for crabs. I think they need hearing aids.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I understand that to get a great reliable recall that you have to be the most desirable option in your dogs mind. I have to admit I fell second to deer poop a few times. More training, it does get better.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Oh Lucy!!

It's hard to compete with deer and coyote poop!! :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Good girl Cricket!! :D
Lucy, take notes from your sister!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Molly when a Terrier is behaving better than your Lab you KNOW it's time to come home lol!

Lucy- BEHAVE! If your won't get to explore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts