Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky is feeling much better! She's wanting to play again and is enjoying her walks!
She FINALLY started using her leg. She's still not using it how the doctor would like, but at least she's not holding it against her side anymore. The vet had me roll a ball across the floor slowly for her to get to get her moving more as she was wanting to just lay in her crate all day and she was making her knee stiff doing it.

You know your lab is feeling better when they knock over the trash can and spread it ALL over the living room while you are outside for a few minutes. :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good girl Lucky! Just don't let her over do it.
I'm monitoring her activity really close. She is definitely the kind of personality that could over do it. I put her toys up after a bit and she's been really good about going and laying down after walks and play time. :)

I was so worried about her and that leg because she should have been using her leg a lot sooner according to the vet, but she seems to be coming around. Guess she just wanted to rest a bit longer. :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Good going Lucky! Hopefully you will live up to your name.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
NO PLAYING!

She should not have any exuberant activity until 13 weeks post op.. have you talked to your vet about this.. has s/he given you some material with a time line on what to do and when?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NO PLAYING!

She should not have any exuberant activity until 13 weeks post op.. have you talked to your vet about this.. has s/he given you some material with a time line on what to do and when?
Yes I called the vet. He is the one who told me to roll the ball a bit away from her to get her moving because all she wanted to do was lay around and she wasn't using her leg at all on the walks. Before we went to the playing we were extending walks slightly and I was doing an exercise with her leg.

She's not running or jumping around or anything. I'm following my vets instructions to the letter. I would hate for anything to happen to her again. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts