Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of applying for a new job of which I have all the necessary qualifications and experience, except for one thing. Lotus notes. What is it and how is it used? I've never had to work with this before and need the lowdown so I can get some training if I really want this job. Thanks all!

B

·
0 Posts
It is a sucky PITA email system. Sorry, can you tell I'm not impressed? ;)

I like outlook a lot better but once you get used to it I guess it's not horrible. It's just not as user friendly. We have it here at work.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
BudGirl8 said:
It is a sucky PITA email system. Sorry, can you tell I'm not impressed? ;)

I like outlook a lot better but once you get used to it I guess it's not horrible. It's just not as user friendly. We have it here at work.
I guess it's all in what you become accustomed to. I loved Lotus Notes, we switched to Outlook last year and it is not my best bud in the whole world. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
I guess our problems might be our server set up or the people running it...it just doesn't do things or run right.

You're right though, it's all in what you're used to. As a long time (well, all my computer using life) Outlook user, the adjustment to Lotus Notes was a painful one. Every time I go home and use Outlook I feel much more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmn good to know. Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
We have the newest version of Lotus Notes at work, the one with instant messaging. I love it!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
We used to use Lotus Notes, but then switched to Outlook (Outhouse?? ;)) 3 or 4 years ago. I don't remember LN terribly hard to learn in the first place.

Good luck on your job search!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts