Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lost rescue dog that I posted about was sighted this afternoon... about 2 miles from where we thought he was!!! :eek: He's been sticking to the same general area around a certain park, but man he can run!!

I was driving down the road (a busy 4-lane road) and I saw him right next to me on the sidewalk, running. I quickly pulled over to the first side street and ran after him. He was too fast. I called my friend who had been looking for him at the same time and he was already 1 mile down the road by the time I got back to my car. AH.

He came towards my friend and her dog and was ALMOST close enough to grab, then decided he wanted to take off.

Then he went back to the woods where he was hiding out last week and we lost him. :(

Ahhhh. We were sooo close. I think EVERYONE in the neighborhood knows about him, so I'm hoping we are able to find him soon. We left some food and things of that sort, but he wouldn't come out of the woods. :(

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Good luck! I'm sure with some persistance you'll get him back.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Any chance the animal control would loan you a catch stick (stick with noose)? Might give you a little advantage over trying to grab him.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any chance the animal control would loan you a catch stick (stick with noose)? Might give you a little advantage over trying to grab him.
They aren't playing nice with us. :( We tried to ask them if they could come out and help us and we all called in a few reports of seeing the dog but they never showed. We went in to see if we could use one of their traps (we were told they have dog-sized traps) and they aren't cooperating. Jerks!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I know exactly your frustration. About 2 yrs ago, we were searching for a Mastiff that had bolted from the local vet office. One Sunday morning, driving to Mass -- THERE SHE WAS!!

I couldn't get her either. She was terrified of everyone/everything.

Luckily, the vet office was serving as the HQ for all reports on her. I called them on the way to church and reported the sighting. It was later that afternoon that they eventually got her.

Good luck w/this. Stay diligent. Keep at it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts