Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack wakes up in the jungle, in his suit and flat on his back. He hears voices and sits up.

Show of hands here: How many of you expected to see Vincent bounding through the brush to find him.

Six. seven... yeah, me too.

But no -- Jack's hearing cries for help. He dashes through the jungle (as only Jack can do) and comes to a bluff, beside which is a waterfall and a deep pool at the bottom. Floundering around down there, holding onto ...something... is ...someone...

HeroJack dives in (how'd he know the water was deep enough for him not to crack his skull?) and swims to the rescue...

It's Hurley. Grasping a guitar case.

They make it to shore, and Jack sees an unconscious Kate. He revives her. She's okay. They're ba-ack!

FLOOSH! We see how they got there: Back to Eloise Hawking and her Church of the Holy Dharmalites. She brings them down into a basement lab, where a giant pendulum swings around and several computers chatter away. This, we're told, is the Dharma LampPost station, the technocenter that enabled the company to find Craphole Island in the first place. Not so much where it IS, but, rather, where it's going to be as it skims through time. She blithely points to a bunch of mathematical jibber-jabber on the board and tells them that she can get them back.

Des wants no part of it. Exit Des.

Eloise gives Jack the lowdown on a Guam flight that will pass right through a 'window' that will open up to the island, allowing entry.

She then gives Jack an oddball set of instructions, necessitating a recreation of the events that first brought them to CI. He receives Locke's suicide note, which he does not read (we learn that JL hung himself, although we don't learn why -- at least not this week!) and is told that, in acting as his father's proxy, he must give to Locke something of Daddy-o's.

And when he asks why, he's told the ep title for this week's recap.

Okay.

Ben tells Jack where Locke's body is (at the butcher). He then visits his Grampa where -- wonder of wonders -- he picks up an old pair of Daddy Doc's shoes. Jack returns home and finds an Aaron-less Kate there. She's now ready to accompany him to the island, presumably because "her" son has been taken.

Easy-peasy, Jack gets to the butcher, opens the casket, puts on the shoes, clicks the heels three times, and is whooshed back to the island.

Well, not quite.

He tossed the unread suicide note in the box and closes it. Off to the airport.

Oh, and somewhere along the way, Ben calls. He's been badly beaten, but we don't know by whom or why.

Airport. Sun, Sayid, Hurley have all made it too, for reasons unbeknownst. Sayid is being manhandled by a babe in a flak jacket (another Federal Marshall? Like Kate's? Necessary to 'recreate' the original circumstances??).

Off they go. Pilot comes on -- and I thought this was awesome-cool -- it's FRANK! As in Freighter Frank. Who's looking quite dapper with his beard shaved and hair cut.

Jack is AGAIN given Locke's note. Which this time, he reads: "Wish you'd've believed me."

Plane starts to jiggle. Lights flash. Barrel-roll. WHOOSHY TIMEWARP SOUND....

Island. Just as in the opening.

Hurley/Jack/Kate begin to look for Sayid/Sun.

A DharmaVan pulls up. Out jumps a uniformed dude with a shaggy haircut and a rifle.

eep.

It's Jin!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Raising hand! Me! Me! Me! I fully expected to see Vincent!

Did Ben hurt Penny? He was calling all beaten up from a marina. He had told Jack earlier he had to take care of a promise. He promised Widmore he would kill his daughter, as Widmore did to his.

I really need to know how Sun left her child to go somewhere from which she knows she may never return. Is Aaron with Claire's mother?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Another great episode. I am guessing that Kate gave Aaron to Claires mother. SU made an observation that the van Jin was driving was in really good condition, unlike when they found it in the jungle. Hmmm,could they have gone backwards in time. I loved that it was Pete as the Pilot, very funny, "Were not going to Guam are we?" We both cracked up at that one.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
...SU made an observation that the van Jin was driving was in really good condition, unlike when they found it in the jungle. Hmmm,could they have gone backwards in time.

I thought that also. Perhaps Jin was on the island before. Kind of like a never-aging Richard?

Jack: How can you read?
Ben: My mother taught me.
Bahwahahahahaha!
('Cept that his mother died in child-birth)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also expecting to jump in a startle when Jack put the shoes on Locke, thinking that he'd pop his eyes open and sit up.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I was also expecting to jump in a startle when Jack put the shoes on Locke, thinking that he'd pop his eyes open and sit up.
I thought the same thing! I was actually waiting for it. Lots of good one-liners last night. What am I going to do when this show is over next year? :(

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any thoughts on who the Mystery-ethnicked (was he Hispanic? Indian?) guy was who expressed sympathy to Jack in line? They seemed to make a big deal to ensure that we saw him on the plane.

I *did* like learning why, when we saw Dr Shephard Sr on the island, he was wearing sneakers!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Any thoughts on who the Mystery-ethnicked (was he Hispanic? Indian?) guy was who expressed sympathy to Jack in line? They seemed to make a big deal to ensure that we saw him on the plane.

I *did* like learning why, when we saw Dr Shephard Sr on the island, he was wearing sneakers!

I thought he was going to hijack the plane actually. We don't know that he didn't yet...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Denise your theory on why Ben was all beat up is quite possible, never even thought of that.
Remember a few weeks ago, the episode with the dugout canoes, there was bottle of water from some airline. Was that bottle of water the same airline they flew on last night? I wonder if some of the people on the plane, including the guy they showed, are the people in the dugouts.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Was that bottle of water the same airline they flew on last night? I wonder if some of the people on the plane, including the guy they showed, are the people in the dugouts.
Ackkk! That theory, while totally likely, makes my brain hurt!

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Was wondering why Hurley forgot how to swim. Didn't he do the cannonball and swim back last season? Now he's drowning and Jack had to save him.

I thought Ben may have killed Penny too. Maybe he followed Desmond to find her.

Every second sentence out of Ben's mouth is a lie. Why does anyone believe anything he says.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I don't know that he hurt Penny. I would guess it had more to do with getting Hurley, Kate and Sayid on the plane to Guam. Don't know why he would have gotten the beatdown in the process, but who knows.

I'm guessing he promised Locke he'd get them back to the island.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know that he hurt Penny. I would guess it had more to do with getting Hurley, Kate and Sayid on the plane to Guam. Don't know why he would have gotten the beatdown in the process, but who knows.

I'm guessing he promised Locke he'd get them back to the island.
I agree. Sayid, for one, seems the most likely to open a can of whoopass on Benry for even getting near him.

much less suggesting that he get on that plane.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Jin is jumping around in time on Crapola Island, remember? I guess he just landed in that time period. I think the gang is back in time to. The pendelum can get them to the island percise locate but not at a precise time. Frank being the pilot was too cool. I think he has more to do with this than the realize. I'm interested in the guy in line, too. Maybe he's someone that needs to get back to the island for his own reasons. I wonder if there's more to Benry saying "my mother taught me to read" than we know? For all we know about this show, we don't know a thing. The SIL is just starting to watch it with me. Every question he asks me, and he has some good questions, I honestly can't answer because we really don't know any answers of what going on.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Some of my thoughts...

The island 'moved' when Ben turned the wheel. So the wheel controls where the island is in time. The wheel was not stable and rocking all over in its base - so that's why our islanders kept zapping through time, the wheel kept moving affecting the when.

When Locke stabilized the wheel he shot off the island like Ben did when he turned it, and the island finally decided on a point in time. So, what if they all landed in Dharma time?

Remember the O6 had been off the island for three years, so it's possible our left behinders have been in Dharma time for just as long.

If I'm even close to accurate that is!

I forgot to add: this could be when Daniel tells young Charlotte to never come back to the island.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I was wondering - since Hawking said they had to try to recreate the original trip to the island as much as possible - if:

Locke replacing Christian is a given

but what if Kate is pregnant since Sun was pregnant the first time

and what if hurley had the guitar cuz Charlie had a guitar

Ben was beat cuz Sawyer was freshly beaten (wasn't he??)

Maybe Sayid beat Ben and got busted so he could be traveling with an arresting officer like Kate was

The dude in the airport that said he was sorry for Jack's loss in the ticket line - didn't Sayid have that roll the first time they flew together?

Or maybe I have way too much time on my hands to think about this!!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I was wondering - since Hawking said they had to try to recreate the original trip to the island as much as possible - if:

Locke replacing Christian is a given

but what if Kate is pregnant since Sun was pregnant the first time

and what if hurley had the guitar cuz Charlie had a guitar

Ben was beat cuz Sawyer was freshly beaten (wasn't he??)

Maybe Sayid beat Ben and got busted so he could be traveling with an arresting officer like Kate was

The dude in the airport that said he was sorry for Jack's loss in the ticket line - didn't Sayid have that roll the first time they flew together?

Or maybe I have way too much time on my hands to think about this!!
I was thinking a lot of the same things Laura, and I am pretty sure that is what Sayid said. Do you guys remember in a previous episode, when we first realized that Jin was alive at all, he was back home riding a bike as a delivery person? I wonder how that ties into all of this, and maybe there are two versions of each person hopping around in time, since Sawyer had seen Kate and Claire delivering Aaron, and now they are back...I don't know. Just thinking out loud!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Some of my thoughts...

The island 'moved' when Ben turned the wheel. So the wheel controls where the island is in time. The wheel was not stable and rocking all over in its base - so that's why our islanders kept zapping through time, the wheel kept moving affecting the when.

When Locke stabilized the wheel he shot off the island like Ben did when he turned it, and the island finally decided on a point in time. So, what if they all landed in Dharma time?

Remember the O6 had been off the island for three years, so it's possible our left behinders have been in Dharma time for just as long.
Ouch! My head is spinning...Cj's mom I was thinking the same thing about Sayid...he did offer condolences to Jack at the airport the first time. The whole time warp thing is getting hard to follow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts