Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jin knows that Danielle and company are there to track down the signal issuing THE NUMBERS, so he agrees to take them to the radio tower. On the way, they're attacked by Old Smokey, who Jin calls "MONSTER." Which is accurate, as one of the team is dragged into a temple hole (much in the same way Locke almost was). The rescue turns... bad, when the monster's pull proves too strong for the tendons in the arm of the victim. Eww...

The team is then tempted into the hole to rescue their mate, but I'm thinking a lot of Stephen King's IT here, and apparently so is Jin because he warns Danielle not to go. She's very pregnant after all. She stays behind; the team goes and....

Jin flashes forward.

There's nobody around. And the severed arm is now mummified.

Following smoke-fire, Jin returns to the beach. Camp is there, abandoned, but he finds Danielle and a member of her team in a stand-off. Oh, and the other team members have been shot a while ago (they're decaying and stink). Danielle is accusing her mate of suffering from 'the illness' and 'not being [him]self' etc. She shoots him. She then goes after Jin, who has revealed himself, and just in the nick of time, he flashes forward again.

Right into the wandering party of Sawyer/Juliet/Charlotte/Dan/Locke/Miles. How convenient.

They continue marching toward the Orchid, but Char is getting sicker and sicker. In fact, nose bleeds are becoming increasingly common among all the islanders.

Char can go no further. She and Dan decide to hang back, and she tells the party that should they find the Orchid site but discover it's gone, to find the well instead.

They make it to the Orchid... just in time to watch it flash away in a time-jump. Heh.

But they then find the well.

There's a rope into it, and Locke is all set to go down, when Jin makes him PROMISE that he won't attempt to bring Sun back. He gives his wedding ring and instructs Locke to tell his wife that he's dead. He agrees and heads into the hole.

And another time-flash occurs. On the surface, the rope that Sawyer was holding (in a last-second attempt to pull Lock back up) now ends in the dirt. The well and John Locke are gone. Dun-dun-DUNNNNN!!!

Locke falls to the bottom of the pit, fracturing his leg badly (cheez has this guy been through hell on this island or what?). A shadowy figure approaches, its.......... Dr Shephard, Srf. There's a bunch of talk about Ben and Shephard's instruction that it was JOHN who was supposed to turn the Giant Wheel of Timeliness. So now, Locke can make things right. He shuffles into the cave w/the wheel, which is off its pivot and jigging wildly. Locke shoves it back true and gives it a spin: Rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tata-tata-tat! C'mon BIG MONEY!!

Back in the states, the standoff at the pier continues. Sun -- who has become decidedly kickass after the loss of her husband -- is about to blow Ben to smithereens, when Ben plays the Jin-is-alive card. He promises to tell her more if she comes with him, which she eventually does.

But Sayid, Kate, and Aaron have had enough, and they storm off.

So Ben brings to Eloise Hawking only two of the O6 (Jack/Sun), and she says that oh, well, they may as well get started. Des has also caught up with everyone and is at the church for the fun, having finally found Dan's mother.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I LOVED this episode!
I loved Jin and Sawyer's reunion. :D
I love the new Sun, she is kick ass. I really like her character, shows a lot of range.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Another excellent episode. Sawyer has definatley softened. I still love him though. SU was trying to discredit the whispers as being the time travelers when I explained that the people not traveling don't see the flashes. This was proven when Jin disappeared from Danielle at the ORchid. Thanks to whomever came up with that theory because it's looking right! I wonder how they are going to get the rest back to the island???

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Just to clarify --- When did Sawyer bail from the copter? Was it enroute to the freighter (before it blew up) or after when they were turning back to the island (which then disappeared)?

And did all those on the island think the Oceanic 6 perished in the kapluueee?

And when Jin asked where Sun was - are we to believe Sawyer told him she died in the explosion? Or went home? How did Locke know they were home so Jin could make him promise not to bring her back?

I knew Eloise was the bad-ass military Elli from 2 eps ago.

Is Sun going to leave her daughter home and go back?

I am tired of the time jumping. We get it. Time jumped. Alot. Once the Oceanic 6 left. Let's move onward. Although I did like the interaction/scenerios with 1988 French crew and 2009 Jin.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taffys Mom said:
Just to clarify --- When did Sawyer bail from the copter? Was it enroute to the freighter (before it blew up) or after when they were turning back to the island (which then disappeared)?
I BELIEVE Sawyer hopped out on the way TO the freighter. Gas tank was shot. Chopper losing fuel. etc. etc.

And did all those on the island think the Oceanic 6 perished in the kapluueee?
Think so.

How did Locke know they were home so Jin could make him promise not to bring her back?
Assumption?? When Richard told him that he must get the O6 back to Craphole Island (RIP, Shannon), I'm guessing that Locke must've assumed they made it.

Is Sun going to leave her daughter home and go back?
Dunno, but wasn't that phone conversation the cutest thing ever?

I am tired of the time jumping. We get it. Time jumped. Alot. Once the Oceanic 6 left. Let's move onward. Although I did like the interaction/scenerios with 1988 French crew and 2009 Jin.
Agreed! Sorta like pushing the numbers on the computer. WE GET IT!!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Yes Sawyer jumped out before they made it to the freighter.

My question... why is it 3 years later for the O6 and only the same day for the rest on the island. I understand it's time travel and all but it literally appears to be the same days or so. Like time has stopped for them. Where is everyone else?

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Right now I think that we're seeing those left behind right after they were left and the O6 kind of like in a flash forward. Maybe when the back-and-forth time travel stops for the islanders, they will have stopped the revolving door 3 years in the future and everyone will be synced up. Or maybe getting back to the island, the O6 go 3 years back?

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I hate the whole time travel thing. I thought the writers said they weren't going to use storylines that couldn't be explained by science? or something like that.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
dweck said:
I have totally lost it (or dis-remembered) what ever happened to Rose and Bernard. And Oceanic Extras 15-42.
I remember they survived the move but there has been nothing since. And what about Vincent???

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Princess Zoe said:
dweck said:
I have totally lost it (or dis-remembered) what ever happened to Rose and Bernard. And Oceanic Extras 15-42.
I remember they survived the move but there has been nothing since. And what about Vincent???
Yeah, Sawyer etal found his collar but no pup.........

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Everyone took off running into the jungles when the sinister others with flaming arrows showed up. Sawyer and the ones we see came together at the creek. And the others are still missing. Right?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Melissa said:
Everyone took off running into the jungles when the sinister others with flaming arrows showed up. Sawyer and the ones we see came together at the creek. And the others are still missing. Right?
That's right. There is a lot to remember this season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts