Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What we learn:

• Jacob is old. Very old. And skims through time. And geography. And, like Richard, doesn't age at all. And has the power to bring people back to life.

• This show can still pull off a gaspy hit-and-run.

• Juliet is adept at changing her mind

• Rose and Bernard are okay.

• Jack can take a numbing knock to the nads and keep on going

• Richard is fluent in Latin (What lies under the statue? He who can save us all. Thank you Sr Rose Dominicus, Grade Six, Sacred Heart School, Manoa, PA).

• The live-Locke may not be Locke at all

• Baddies are notoriously bad shots; heroes have dead-eye aim

• Sayid remains kick-ass, even when he's bleeding from the gut

• Metal things flying around can be very dangerous

• Sawyer lubs Juliet

• Juliet rocks!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
((SPOILERS!!))

And the battle between good and evil continues...

So Jacob is Fate weaving the threads of everyone's destiny...til Fake-Locke (aka Titus Welliver from the beginning of the episode...aka Satan?) finds the "loophole" in the weave and gets one of Jacob's followers to question his faith. And with the basic questions that everyone has for God...why did I get cancer...why did my daughter die...? "What about you?" How's that blow to your ego Ben?

But can you kill an eternal?

And the love Quadrangle...Woe to Jack and Juliet. To rather never have met at all then to endure the lost love...harsh. Poor Juliet. When Sawyer looked at Kate after Rose's speech about being with the one you love being more important than anything else...Juliet's face...the crush...

And then her strength at the end to get the job done...tears for this viewer.

Did anyone notices the guitar case in the taxi with Hugo and Jacob? That is the guitar case that Hugo has been lugging around since their return to the past...wonder what is in it?

So that was the Blackrock sailing toward the island in the beginning?

And Jake is back and okay!!

Going to EW to get the blog/review....

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Jacob left the guitar for Hurley so it would represent Charlie on the plane. Getting it back to Flight 815 as much as possible.

Thanks for the translation, Dan. I had no idea what he said. Needed to find out today.

Jake? Do you mean Vincent?

I want to know how Not Locke was able to morph into Locke's body. And did Not Locke also become Alex when Ben went to see the smoke monster? Why else would Alex tell Ben to do everything Locke said to do if Locke were really dead. That Alex played into Not Locke's plan.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And is Not-Locke also Christian when he's bopped in and out of the island?

As usual, more questions than answers.

And continued the theme that on Lost Season Finales, things blowed up real good. (Hatch/Swan/Freighter)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Jacob left the guitar for Hurley so it would represent Charlie on the plane. Getting it back to Flight 815 as much as possible.

Thanks for the translation, Dan. I had no idea what he said. Needed to find out today.

Jake? Do you mean Vincent?

I want to know how Not Locke was able to morph into Locke's body. And did Not Locke also become Alex when Ben went to see the smoke monster? Why else would Alex tell Ben to do everything Locke said to do if Locke were really dead. That Alex played into Not Locke's plan.
*smacks forehead* Yes, I meant Vincent

I'm thinking Not Locke and Jacob are both supernatural and can do whatever they want.

The Alex question is interesting. Since I'm going with the theory that Not Locke and Jacob are fighting over leadership..."souls" if you want to take it the Good vs. Evil route..I thought Alex, in her utter betrayal at the time of her death turned against Jacob and everything her father believed in...including Jacob. And if she knew that Not Locke was going to ask Ben to kill Jacob...what better way for her to get back at him than to have him betray his own faith?

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I haven't watched this show the last two seasons but tuned in for the last hour. Only one thought since obviously none of it makes any sense to me, and that is that Jack has not aged well. He's starting to look like he could be Kate's dad.

Ok, two things. I hate huge fist fights where there is a good chance that somebody would actually be dead, and yet they just jump up and keep moving like nothing ever happened. Apparently Jack has no balls, which I always suspected, because you just don't jump back up from that kind of shot.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
awesome...I was surprised at the end to be sorry that Juliet died. I had hated her from the beginning and totally hated that she and Sawyer hooked up. But then when she was still alive and had the courage to do what she did in the end...well, brilliant. How could you not love someone as amazing as her.

And yeah, I didn't like how fake the fight between Sawyer and Jack was...come on, he should have been laying flat out somewhere. :rolleyes: But loved the comment from hurley..."dude what happened to your face" LOL.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I felt so bad for Sawyer and Juliet. What an spisode. So if the 30 yrs in the future people are there the island didn't blow up right? or is there a time continueum? I was thinking the guitar was actually Charlie's transported from the island by Jacob.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was surprised at the end to be sorry that Juliet died.
They've all died, no? Well, their 1977-selves died. The 2002-selves should still be jetting toward LAX.

No?

With this show, you can never tell.

As to the presentday-selves, I'm even less sure of what's going on there. Will they all VOOP back to their prior selves/lives ala what happened w/the island-shifts??

Gah.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
They've all died, no?
Not necessarily. We've seen a bright white light before - when they moved through time. Maybe the white light wasn't technically the bomb exploding. Maybe the bomb going off, in combination with the electromagnetic field, shot them all back to 2007.

Who the hell knows? I can't believe we have to wait till freakin' January to find anything out.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
well, I assumed....ah, but now I remember with lost you can never assume something as truth.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Just finished watching it - wow! I actually SOBBED at the Juliet/Sawyer tragedy. Heck, I'm in love with Juliet too!

I wouldn't be surprised if next season starts back at the very beginning, each of them on that flight to LAX, and what ensues now that the time line has been changed...

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I just finally watched last night--so, as usual, I am a day late and a dollar short to these LOST discussions.

Regardless, I loved this episode! I loved the good vs. evil/God vs. Satan connotations. It really made me think. Jacob, James, Samuel, Christian. All Biblical names, no?

Love the "weaving" piece, Retriever Mama---how did I miss that???

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I could never decide if Juliet was a "good guy" or a "bad guy". Her original story makes her a "good guy" who got into a bad situation on the island. Basically, I think she was "good". and she really does love Sawyer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts