Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deepbreath.

Okay, we center on Daniel, meeting him as a child prodigy on piano but Mama Hawking (aka Mrs Bates) shuts down the music for more emphasis on science.

Theme repeats itself when Daniel graduates from Oxford and gets himself involved w/a girl. Comes to light that he's rec'd a grant from Charles Widmore.

FFWD - Daniel has tried his time-travel gizmo on himself and it's left him wonky. He reacts emotionally to seeing the TV coverage of the 'found' O815 wreckage. Then there's a knock on the door: It's Widmore. He offers Daniel the job on the Kahuna, and we pretty much know where all this is leading. Oh. And to no one's surprise, he admits that, at great expense and to keep the island under wraps, it is he himself -- Widmore -- who placed the phony plane at the bottom of the ocean. He is confident in revealing this to Daniel, as he's assured that the mathemetician's going to forget it all anyway.

FFWD again: Daniel gets off the Sub. Meets Miles. Starts spouting that he needs to see the Lostians, as they're all in the wrong place and don't belong therre ((and, point of order, Lost-chiefs, we just spent 13 episodes of Season 5 underlining the point that they DO belong there, so.... what gives??)). And that Mama Hawking has lied.

Daniel meets PFChang. Tells him he's Mr FutureMan and that doom and gloom await if he keeps drilling. Chang ignores him as an idiot. Daniel also encounters Charlotte and warns her that bad things are coming.

Daniel finally goes to see Sawyer/Jack. Convinces all that they're out of options; it's time to make a move. Sawyer/Juliet/Hurley decide to sit tight and ride it out. Kate/Jack/Daniel vamoose.

Big shootout at the motor pool. Rydznski and Daniel are wounded, to no real effect. K/J/D escape to the Hostiles.

But on the way, Daniel answers a whole batch of questions: As in -- The drilling is going to accidentally tap a huge magnetic force under the island. And to contain the destruction, the Dharma-ites are going to build the Hatch and install the numbers sequence. And leave Des there to continue punching them. And when he fails, O814 will fall, yadda-yadda.

So.

If they stop the access to the power source now, none of the bad things that happened will happen, and O815 will land as scheduled in LA.

And to do all this, Daniel intends to use the hydrogen bomb.

They find the Hostiles. Big stand-off. Daniel pulls his gun on Richard. And BLAM. Is shot in the belly. By noneother than ELEANOR HAWKING. As Daniel fades, he realizes that he's been set up by his adoring matriarch.

And one more jolt: Widmore is Daniel's dad.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had trouble following it. When Daniel was all weird after the 'experiment' (as Widmore came to see him), I wasn't sure at all what was going on.....

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I knew from the beginning of the season that Widmore was going to be his father. I don't get the significance for him to go back to the island for his Mother to kill him. Next week looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
glad I am not the only one who said, what? lol

I thought Faraday would be the one to rescue everyone but now he is dead...so where does that lead us. and poor sawyer, Jack is back for a week and all hell breaks loose. now what? When did they say the show is officially over?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
glad I am not the only one who said, what? lol

I thought Faraday would be the one to rescue everyone but now he is dead...so where does that lead us. and poor sawyer, Jack is back for a week and all hell breaks loose. now what? When did they say the show is officially over?
Nest year. Well Richard could take him to the imortatlity hut and fix him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts