Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hour one -- The island is skipping through time like the needle on a 45rpm record that has sat under your sister's bed since 1964. In fact, Daniel Faraday explains it all to Shirtless Sawyer in much the same terms; that Benry and his big ship wheel has caused the island to go skimming through time, forward and backward, sending the Lostians into an absolute frenzy.

They face the island with no camp; with no fire; pre-blasted Hatch, post-blasted hatch; Faraday even encounters Des in full-bore button-pushing mode. I half expected to see the island with Pterodactyls flying overhead.

Apparently the phenomenon affects groupings of Lostians in differing ways; Locke, for example, isn't part of the Sawyer/Juliet/Faraday/Rose/Bernard/Redshirt Extra #12 gang, so his trajectories are different as well. He sees, for example, the drug lord plane crash. And encounters a very angry Ethan. He's eventually rescued by Richard and skims off to the future.

Back in the states, however, Jack/Sayid/Hurley/Kate/Sun/Aaron are all grappling with the issue of returning. All being directed by Ben. Who also asserts that Locke must also return. Despite being dead.

Hurley in particular is being dished a huge plate of freaky-deaky, as he and an unconscious Sayid (felled by a tranq dart) are on the lam and stopped by Ana-Lucia. Who tells him that Libby says, Hi. (!!!!!)

Hour two

The beachies are attacked by ---- someone shooting flaming arrows. Goodbye Redshirt #12. Gaaaaah!

The homies have Hurley enlisting his father, at first, to help Sayid. And eventually, they get to Dr Jack.

Sun gets a visit from Kate/Aaron. She's freaking out because there are lawyers on her tail, wanting DNA samples.

Hurley then gets a visit from Ben who underlines the notion that they've all got to return. He agrees, and then flings himself outside and is immediately arrested by the cops (the real ones, as opposed to the Ana-Lucia-style ones) who have been chasing him for some time, owing to some really unfortunate timing of buttinskis with cell phone cameras, coupled with Sayid's need to kill people to keep things moving along. Which may hold a record for my longest run-on sentence in Lost-recap history.

The beachies are ambushed again, and Juliet is about to lose one of her hands when --- whup --- a knife soars out of the dark and kills the villains. Who's the thrower? Why it's Locke, of course, who has skimmed up into time just in the NICK of time....

Back home once more: Ben is speaking to a woman shrouded in shadows who is working out some sort of incredible chalkboard mathematical doohickey from Big Bang Theory. He tells her that he's lost Hurley, but she says it doesn't matter, that he's in deep doo, and has only 70 hrs to return the O6 to Craphole Island.

She turns around and reveals herself to be: MS HAWKING

(((Reminder -- Ms H was the dream-woman who sold Des the engagement ring for Penny, then told him that he must not marry her, he must go to the island or everyone will die. Dun-dun-DUNNNNNN!!!)))

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I skipped a lot: Des is imprinted with the Memory of GO TO OXFORD. And something about telling Faraday that his mother.... something....

Richard tells Locke that to save the island, he'll have to die.

And gets snarky:

Locke - "What's this?"
Richard - "It's a compass."
Locke - "What does it do?"
Richard - "It points NORTH, John!"

Hurley has some good lines too (to Sayid): "If you ate more comfort food, maybe you'd find less of a need to kill people."

He also tells his mother the whole story about The Lie. We also get a scene of the O6 CRAFTING the lie, in a move that I still don't understand......

I also wondered this: Why didn't any of the Beachies encounter any of their time-shifted selves? And what would have happened if they had? Holy space-time continuum.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I'm still lost and no pun intended. That was a freaky ep and the only thing that made it worthwhile was Sawyer shirtless for an hour. The guy in the red shirt (Star Trek red shirts anyone?) deserved to die for letting Sawyer put his shirt on. ;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
dweck said:
I also wondered this: Why didn't any of the Beachies encounter any of their time-shifted selves? And what would have happened if they had? Holy space-time continuum.
I thought maybe this was all the whisperings they had been hearing all along. Themselves in the space-time leap.

Did anyone remember Desmond telling about the man he saw one day and he knew it was okay to go outside without a suit? My hubby remembered him tellling that story...don't remember what season. I was impressed, I have an aweful memory. Thanks for reminding me who ms Hawkings is.

*edited to add a comment.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
The radio station I listen to does these recaps called "Get LOST in 30 Seconds." Well, clearly you can't recap an ep of Lost in 30 seconds, so they are hilarious. They're podcasted on their website so I can't link to one. I wish I could.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I'm debating whether or not to watch this when it is on Sunday here.

I couldn't tell you what happened the last two seasons. Lost is lost on me also.

·
Registered
231 Posts
:confused: :confused: :'( and I thought Twin peaks was weird

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Finally watched it last night. Wow. Such a great premiere. I had no problem keeping up with the time shifts - I guess I watch a lot of sci fi. I felt so bad for Hurley. Poor guy is so conflicted. Really wrecked over trying to keep up the lie. I couldn't believe he didn't go with Ben! And when Sawyer finally lost it over losing all the people he cared about on the boat/helicopter...can someone give the guy a hug? Please? (I volunteer of course)

Questions:

1) Did anyone recognize the woman at the butcher shop?

2) I guessed that it was Sun calling Kate to come meet her. Does anyone think that Sun may be the one who sent those agents to Kate? I have a sneaking suspicion - especially since Sun was so sure that the agents didn't know the truth about the other survivors. Maybe just a play to get her on her side against Ben and Jack?

3) Dude! Holy flaming arrows Batman! Who the hell was that?

4) What kind of damage are we talking about with these time shifts? The 2nd time there was a flash I said to hubby "Wonder what this is doing to their dna. Can't be good" Uh no. Are parts of them being left behind during each shift?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts