Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We drop into another Jack-flash, and it's a gas-gas-gas, as Jacko is on a plane sporting a G.I. Joe w/Kung-Fu GripTM beard that looks like he fell asleep in a pile of spirit gum and then rolled into a used Brillo pad. Anyway, he's on yet another flight and is a mess -- he's haranguing the stewardess for 'one more' drink. She declines, giving him a newspaper instead.

He reads an article, begins to weep, and tears it out.

On the ground, he starts driving over a bridge and then stops, reads the notice one more time, begins and aborts a cell phone call, and then steps from the vehicle and, looking rather George Bailyish, stands on the ledge to dive off.

But his car causes a massive accident that we hear but not see, and Jack flips back in to Doctor-Hero mode and saves a woman and her young son from an automotive inferno.

WHOOSH! Back on Craphole Island, Jack and the Losties are departing. The Udders are coming. And Charlie is bleeding, being beaten to a pulp by the women in the Looking Glass station.

The Losties plan to blow up the Udders goes awry when Jin is unable to hit his dynamite. So instead of all 10 udders being killed, only seven are. The remaining three grab Sayid, Jin, and Bernard and demand to know how they knew that they knew the Udders knew that they knew that the Udders.... Anyway, it all comes out that Carl/Alex/Juliet are all turncoats and Benry's hold on everything is slipping.

Ben is absolutely enraged at all this news and goes off to meet the Lostians as they trek to the radio tower. He brings Alex along.

Jack and company see that two of the intended three explosions have occurred. Sun and Rose are understandably concerned about what has happened, but Jack pushes forward.

In his flash, Jack is totally out of control, addicted to painkillers and uncomfortable with the label of 'hero.' He continues spiralling downward.

Sawyer and Kate want to return to the beach to find out what happened. Jack refuses, but Rose, godloveher, thinks it's a good idea: "If you give me that live-together/die-alone line one more time, Jack, I'll punch you right in the nose." Sawyer winds up going with Juliet, who is still trying to redeem herself. Hurley wants to go as well, but is denied...

Meanwhile, somewhere in a Ditch o' Death, Locke pops one Popeye eye open. He grabs an old gun and is about to put himself (and the audience) out of a whole boatload of misery when..... Walt shows up! He's aged 24 years in the two months they've been on the island. He tells John that there's work to do.

Charlie, meanwhile, isn't getting far with the Looking Glass sabotage. Mikhail -- he with more lives than a cat -- finds Des in the boat and begins shooting at him. Des wakes up and has little choice but to go under to the Glass. Charlie gets Des to hide while he plots his next move.

Ben and Jack meet and Ben asks for just five minutes alone. He tells Jack that a) Naomi is the real villain, and if he uses the phone to call for help, he'll unleash even MORE woe and b) His Udders have Jin/Bernard/Sayid. If he doesn't relent, they'll be killed. He doesn't, and through the walkie-talkie, we hear three gunshots. Jack then beats the crao out of Ben.

Meanwhile, under water, things begin happening very quickly: Des shoots Mikhail with a speargun. He then kills one of the guards and wounds another. She tells him that there's a code to enter (and I was expecting it to be 4-8-15-16-23-42), but no, it's to the tune of "Good Vibrations" (what, not a DriveShaft song??). The guard then dies. Charlie asks Des if he's had any more flashes, and when Des says no, Charlie is convinced that they've sidestepped destiny.

Ben is tied up and dragged forward with the Losties as they head to the radio tower. Along the way, he admits to Alex that Rousseau is her mom, confirming something we suspected back in SEASON ONE!! Danielle's round-and-round radio message is still mucking things up.

Charlie successfully enters the code and is shocked to be contacted by Penny. She's not on a boat -- we don't quite know where she is. But before Charlie can get Des to the screen, Mikhail shows up outside the window, holding a hand grenade. He pulls the pin, grins, and lets go of the handle. Charlie's chamber in the Looking Glass begins to flood quickly. Charlie seals the doors, saving Des, and the room fills. Just before he checks out for good, Charlie writes on his hand that he's heard from "NOT PENNY's BOAT," warning Des that Naomi can't be trusted (either!) and unbeknowingly confirms that Ben was right.

Back on the beach, we find that Ben's command to kill the Losties was a ruse. They're still alive, but not for long. They're just about to bite the dust for the 2935th time on the Island when Hurley comes ZOOMING out of the brush in his Hurleymobile. He runs over one of the villains, cheering all the way. Hurley has created just enough distraction for Sawyer to gain the upper hand -- and a gun. He shoots Tom mercilessly: "That was for shooting me when you took the kid!" he growls.

Jack and Hurley connect by walkie, and Hurley confirms that everything is peachy in Beachyville.

The signal is clear to go. Naomi dials the number and is about to make contact when, WHOOF! She's stabbed in the back by a large jungle knife. The thrower is........ Locke. Who still doesn't want to leave the Island. He and Jack have a stand-off, but Locke backs down. Jack completes the call to the 'freigher,' who says they can get to the Losties' position in no time.

WHOOSH!!

Jack makes one more call to set up a meeting with someone. They agree to the 'usual spot' at the airport. A car pulls up and... it's Kate!! She tells him this must end and that she's not interested in playing the game anymore. Jack confesses that he's been riding airlines almost every weekend, hoping to crash once more and return to Craphole Island. You see, this isn't a flashBACK, it's a flashFORWARD!! And Jack unwittingly confirms what Locke and Ben have been trying to tell him all along: They never should have left the island.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
My mouth was hanging open at the end of the show. My guess is that Ben was in the coffin. I hate that Charlie died. It was so sad when Aaron started fussing when Charlie died. Charlie wrot "NOT PENNY'S BOAT" not Naomi. Also Sawyer said, "That's for taking the kid off the raft". My other question is if this was a flash forward and Jack said if my father is drunker than me you can fire me. Huh? His Dad is dead, and how could he have written the Rx? So are we going to see them being rescued and what happens to them after the island?

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
:eek:

no more island?! oh dear...I missed the end last night (like that last 15-20 min) I'll have to watch online later I guess

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Princess Zoe said:
"NOT PENNY'S BOAT" not Naomi.
Thanks - fixed.

Princess Zoe said:
Also Sawyer said, "That's for taking the kid off the raft".
Close enough...

Princess Zoe said:
My other question is if this was a flash forward and Jack said if my father is drunker than me you can fire me. Huh?
I took this as a bluff...

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Jack's dad in the future:

Jason thinks maybe Lost will turn out to be truly Sci-Fi and when they crashed they slipped into another dimension (thus the statement "they're living and breathing somewhere in the space-time continuim" that was dropped during the Answers special) and in this dimension maybe his dad isn't dead.

I, however, think maybe Jack was just truly losing it for two reasons. 1) the look on the chief of surgery's face when Jack said 'go upstairs and get my father' it was a pitying look and 2) when the pharmacist said she would have to call his father's office he freaked out.

Obviously something HUGE happened between that call to the freighter and that future flash to cause Jack to end up in that space - I can't wait to see what it was.

Maybe Ben was right and now the Others and the Survivors have to work together against whoever was on that boat.
Maybe only Jack, Kate and whoever was in the casket made it off the island.
Maybe from now on we get flash fowards into our peoples' futures.
MAYBE, the future is now the show and the rescue is the flashback.
Maybe they ARE in another dimension and they had to cut a deal to be allowed off the island at all - maybe that has something to do with the 'he' Kate was getting back to.

There are so many ways they can go with this. I can't wait to see.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent questions, Melissa. Ones shared, I'm sure, by everyone who tuned in last night. Strap in for a LONG wait re: answers. Next new episode is Feb 2008.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
OMG. Great episode. Edge of my seat the whole 2 hours. Loved it loved it loved it!

Back on the beach, we find that Ben's command to kill the Losties was a ruse.
I thought Tom and his crew (Tom unwillingly) went against Ben's command and shot the sand instead of our Jin, Bernard and Sayid to trick Ben, because they were becoming unsure of Ben's stability now. Anyone else get this?

R

·
0 Posts
As I said in the other thread, OMG!
I think Kate is with Sawyer, and it was him she was refering too. I'll bet thet Lock stayed on the island, I wonder who was in the coffin.

I can't wait for next season!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Taffys Mom said:
OMG. Great episode. Edge of my seat the whole 2 hours. Loved it loved it loved it!

Back on the beach, we find that Ben's command to kill the Losties was a ruse.
I thought Tom and his crew (Tom unwillingly) went against Ben's command and shot the sand instead of our Jin, Bernard and Sayid to trick Ben, because they were becoming unsure of Ben's stability now. Anyone else get this?
I enjoyed it, too, except the commercials started to drive me crazy. a 2-hr timeslot included 1 hr 40 minutes of ads, and 20 mins of show. Or it sure seemed that way

Could-a gone either way. Either Ben was playing Jack or Tom was playing Ben. Regardless, I wasn't too worried for Our Heroes.

Big question in my mind is, in the flash-forward, whose funeral was Jack attending?!?!?!?! Sawyer? Locke?

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
What I got was that Tom wanted to kill the three. The other guy said that 'it was an order' - so, shooting the sand was an order they were following. Tom did think Ben was losing it, so he wanted to disobey his order by actually killing our three.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Melissa said:
I think it would be too obvious that Kate is with Sawyer in the future.
Me too..

I do not think Charlie is dead.
I think that now that they have contacted the boat they have a bigger problem, who knows maybe they team up with the udders to fight the as of yet unkown.

I think we have a very long wait to find out more!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Great ep and holy cow Hurley running over that guy sure was realistic! Hate that we have to wait until February 2008 for more. As someone who was losing interest, they got it back last night.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Some lines I laughed out loud at.

Touching mother/daughter bonding:

Danielle to Alex: You want to help tie him up.

Hurley: It was over; he surrendered.
Sawyer: I didn't believe him.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Melissa said:
Some lines I laughed out loud at.

Touching mother/daughter bonding:

Danielle to Alex: You want to help tie him up.

Hurley: It was over; he surrendered.
Sawyer: I didn't believe him.
Alex - Why did you brainwash Carl?
Ben - I didn't want him to get you pregnant! Okay, maybe I was being a little over-protective!

BWAH!

I love-love-love the Hurley-to-the-Rescue twist. Not only did it validate the placement of the ep that showed him obsessively getting the Dharmavan to run, but it also enabled him to make a contribution, something he was denied 2x, once by Charlie, once by James. Hugo may have finally broken his bad-luck curse!!!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I think it's Ben in the coffin. I thought it was Sawyer at first but I do think Kate is ending up with him. I felt bad for hurley when nobody would let him help. Poor guy. Why is Kate not in prison? She was a fugitive after all.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why would Jack be so bereft over Ben's passing? I don't think Ben would leave the island either; he and Locke are probably still there, totally embracing the crazy, dancing naked around the fire and gorging themselves on raw Polar Bear Burgers.

Whoever died had meaning to Jack. Wouldn't he be *glad* that Ben had bitten the dust??

Kate - "I have to get back to him." Him = Sawyer's child?!?!?!?!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts