Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack has found his cojones -- or at least borrowed them back from Kate and Juliette, who were using them to play Friday Night Bingo. His plan for the Udders is to lure them into camp using Juliette's signals for preggo's and then blow them to Kingdom Come using Danielle's triggers and the plane's wiring. Sayid, however, believes they should be using Naomi's radio to contact he ship and get them the hell off Craphole Island (yeah, right).

Juliette tells them that all attempts phone home are going to be futile, as Ben is using the underwater station -- Looking Glass -- to jam every signal coming from the island. Sayid hatches a plan for someone to swim down to the station and fly into the trench and blast two photon torpedoes into one of the garbage outlets and blow the death star to bits... well, in an island sort of way.

Des knows that this volunteer must be Charlie. He's had another future-flash, and in it, Claire (~~sigh~~) is being put onboard a helicopter with Turniphead. And Charlie has just pushed some important yellow button and then drowned afterward.

Charlie accepts his fate. There are a few (boring) flashbacks involving his learning how to swim and, after reaching some level of success, taking his Daddy's DriveShafttm ring, which he not-surprizingly gifts to Aaron. Jack objects to Charlie's offer, but once he shows Dr Shepherd his Shelley Winters Commemorative Swimming and Breath-Holding Medal from PS 232, Graduating Class of 1948, Jack agrees.

Jack's overall plan gets screwed, however, when a breathless Carl shows up and tells him that the invasion has been moved up 24 hours. Benry, we see, is hopping mad after his encounter with Jacob and Locke, and he's ready to kick some Lostian butt. And Alex, that sweetheart of a turncoat against Benry, who may or may not be her dad, has tipped off Carl to tip off Jack. The survivors, however, don't have enough time to string all the connection wires (and thankfully, we see Rose and Bernard again -- and Vincent for that matter) necessary to spark the explosions, so Plan B is enacted: Hide the Lostians and blow the dynamite by firing at it. Sayid, Jin, and Bernard (!!!!) are going to stay behind and shoot.

Charlie and Des go off to short-circuit the signal jam. Charlie bids farewell to Claire and Aaron and, in a really touching exchange, Hurley. At the last minute, before he's about to dive under water, Des agrees to swap places with him, but before he can move, Charlie brains him and knocks him unconscious with the oar. He dives under.

Just at about the time his lungs will burst, Charlie surfaces inside the Looking Glass. He shouts with glee at having survived and all is well until.......... Two Udders come charging at him with guns pointed at his Hobbity Head.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Bernard is staying behind to shoot - Jack is leading them to the radio tower.

I figured the third, after Bernard and Sayid, would be Sawyer.

So, did Juliet know there were actually Others in the Looking Glass and set our people up or did Ben keep that a secret?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Melissa said:
Bernard is staying behind to shoot - Jack is leading them to the radio tower.
Just fixed that -- and substituted the correct Turniphead for Onionhead. I gotta start paying more attention to he details! :p

R

·
0 Posts
I liked this episode, it moved along really fast, I was looking at the clock when it ended and thinking it's over all ready?

I can't wait for next week....season finally.

:)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good ep too. Now that there is light at the end of the Lost tunnel, its moving forward a bit more. Guess we won't know about Locke until next weeks finale, if then.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Loved it! I was svery sad for Charlie and actually cried a bit. You can really see how he loves Claire. I don't know what to think about Juliette and The Looking Glass not being flooded. She had to have known about that. Next week will be awesome! So is Sawyer the other shooter?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shooters are Bernard, Jin and Sayid.

I wasn't so much touched by Charlies farewell to Claire as I was to his adieu to Hurley. That was a good scene -- well-handled by both actors.

I expected Des in the boat to give Charlie the speech about "Man hath no greater gift than to lay down his life for his friends." Considering he was on his way to being a monk and all that......

J

·
0 Posts
What I dont get is why Desmond had a vision of him drowning after flipping a switch, but the place isnt actually flooded.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
JollyMolly said:
What I dont get is why Desmond had a vision of him drowning after flipping a switch, but the place isnt actually flooded.
Maybe it will be when he flips the switch. It just hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Juliette didn't have to know about the Looking Glass not being flooded. If Benry told them all that it had flooded, they're all so gullible they would believe him. Did anyone think that girl in the Looking Glass looks like the girl (Anne?) that was supposed to have died? Maybe Benry stuffed her there and made up the story so no one would look for her. I want to be sure to watch today's extra show about the answered and unanswered questions.

C

·
0 Posts
JollyMolly said:
What I don't get is why Desmond had a vision of him drowning after flipping a switch, but the place isn't actually flooded.
I think, that when Charlie flicks the switch, the place will have like a lock down and flood, as like an emergency situation.

Also, the Looking Glass station looks like a submarine station, probably belonging to the submarine Locke blew up lol. Probably irrelevant but just my observation...

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I liked the ep. I'm still on the fence as to whether Juliette knew about the flooded hatch not being flooded. I'm guessing no, though. I think Benry wanted to use this excuse as yet another control mechanism...

I loved the Charlie/Hurley scene.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Maybe you should delete that sentence - just to keep this thread totally spoiler free. But then SandieF will have to edit her last post too so she can remove what she quoted AND you will have to edit your last post which quoted her post which quoted your first post. Yikes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts