Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kate is still in the rec center of Udderville. She baps Juliette on the noggin, and it turns out to be a little over-reactive, as Juliette was merely bringing a sammy.

WHOOSH! In this Kate-back, she's still on the lam. Her car goes ka-futz in Iowa, and she's stuck for two days. She meets up with Cassidy, Sawyers once-a-mark, who's now on her own trail of deceipt. The two women bond, and Cass agrees to help Kate reconnect w/her Mommy.

On the island, Hurley tells Sawyer that he's about to be voted off and that it's time for some damage control. Sawyer tries being nice, in turn, to Des, Claire, and the Beachies in general by supplying a luau, complete with roasted pig. Turns out - HAH! - the con was conned by Hurley into just being a nice guy. Hurley tells Sawyer that, owing to abandonment by just about every other Alpha male within spitting distance, he's now the de facto leader. Like that worked out really well earlier on, when there were guns to be had.

The Udders are bugging out. And Locke is going with them (!). They toss a can of sleeping gas into Kate's prison, and she nods off. When she awakens, alá the Defiant Ones, she and Juliette are handcuffed together and have been abandoned in the jungle. They fight, particularly when Juliette tells Kate that Jack saw her and Sawyer engage in a little bear-bouncing in the cages. There's a smackdown of Krystle/Alexis quality, and Juliette gets her shoulder dislocated, but the cats are interrupted in their fight by the grinding, gnashing monster. The gals flee to a nearby tree.

There's growling and snarling and tree-rippage, and what looks/sounds like machine-gun fire. But eventually, Tiny goes off somewhere else.

In the flashback, Kate finally finds her mom -- who's not exactly forgiving to her daughter. There is no touching reunion, and Kate continues on the lam.

Kate/Juliette go back to Udderville, and the monster chases again. Juliette not only knows the combination to the perimiter fence (so THAT's why it wasn't c-4ed by Locke two eps ago) but has the key to the cuffs.

Safe but equally as distrustful, they go off to find Jack and Sayid. Udderville is udderly deserted. And once they do, they all agree to go back to the Beach, which is more of a Frankie/Annette movie than a compelling development on Lost.

What I want to know is this: Are they going to move everyone into Udderville, because if they're not, they're more STUPID THAN THE ROCK THEY'RE LIVING ON!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
That's the first thing I said - move everyone into the houses.

So, are the Others setting them up by leaving Juliet behind? The whole 'if you thought we were in it together maybe I wouldn't get left behind again.' Not buying it. She knew Jack and Sayid were still in "town". Why wouldn't she have just stayed back/gone back with Jack?

I'm trying to figure out if they dumped them in the jungle at all or if Juliet did it for some reason. Why would they leave Jack and Sayid in the houses and dump Kate and Juliet in the jungle?

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Interesting that Kate and Juliette didn't begin to fight til AFTER the rain drenched them. And again in the mud. What more could the male audience want? Wet girls wrestling around. Wet girls wrestling around in the mud. C'mon...admit it. You liked it. *wink wink nudge nudge*

I agree they should think to move to the houses. I also agree that Juliette may not have been "left behind." Another Kate backstory. Ho-hum. B-O-R-I-N-G. Interesting that Sawyer's Cassidy was her partner. But still. Yawn. (In an earlier season's backstory - Sawyer found out he may have a daughter, right? She was born already? I'm mixed up with the time frames and how he even found out. Anyone recall?)

I just love Sawyer and Hurley together.

Kinda eh episode.

And Dan --- I thought your title would have been: Welcome to Not Knowing What is Going On (or whatever Kate said to that effect). Kind of sums it up.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taffys Mom said:
Interesting that Kate and Juliette didn't begin to fight til AFTER the rain drenched them. And again in the mud. What more could the male audience want? Wet girls wrestling around. Wet girls wrestling around in the mud. C'mon...admit it. You liked it. *wink wink nudge nudge*
Just a little sumptin-sumptin to balance after all the shirtless-Sawyer/shirtless-Sayid/shirtless-Jin footage we've had to endue.

G

·
I really liked the episode but I will never trust Juilet. She just HAS to be evil, I'll be pissed if she isn't.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Thanks for the recap. I fell asleep right after Kate and Juliet woke up in the jungle.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JollyMolly said:
Did anyone see anything in the smoke monster? I paused it but didnt notice anything.
Other than the flashes when Juliette/Kate were in the trees, no.

Wonder if the Udders took Locke's pop with them? Or maybe that's why Locke decided to go?

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
About those monster flashes of light --- is it possible that it was some message/instructions for Juliette? Some kind of mind-altering thing on par with what Alex's boyfriend endured strapped to that chair?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
They are dumb if they don't move into the compound. I think Juliette is up to something. Why wouldn't she have unlocked herself from Kate if she could? I love the previews for next week. Sayid is such a bad ass.

In an earlier season's backstory - Sawyer found out he may have a daughter, right? She was born already? I'm mixed up with the time frames and how he even found out. Anyone recall?)
Cassie came to the prison and told him. He then conned a guy in prison for his release and got the money the Warden wanted (he got 1/2 I think) and had it sent to his daughter anonymously.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Shame Shame on Cassie for drinking while pregnant.

Great episode, Kates back story did not tell us anything new. Mom still hates her, we kind of new Sawyer had a child, and Kate can really fill out a nice pair of jeans :p

Just a thought, is it worth the trek across the jungle to live in the village, or is the beach a better place. If it were me, I would take my chances and cross the jungle, just to be able to sleep on a real bed.

Taffys Mom said:
About those monster flashes of light --- is it possible that it was some message/instructions for Juliette? Some kind of mind-altering thing on par with what Alex's boyfriend endured strapped to that chair?
Good theory, never thought of that! Juliette did look like she was spell bound.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
About the houses, I don't know. I always wanted to live on beachfront property. Although, the houses do have a mountain view.
I thought it was interesting that Juliette said that they didn't know what the smoke was, but just knew that the fence would keep it out. Makes me believe they are not making the smoke.
I still get a creepy feeling about Danielle. I think she knows more than she's telling.
I liked the episode. I liked the new Sawyer.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Hmmmm... The only issue with moving to the village is the chance of being found... how will they be able to flag down a passing ship if they are in the middle of the island? That would be my hesitation if I were a lostonian, but I guess they could have beach shifts or whatever, and homes with beds and showers would be pretty sweet at that point!

G

·
CoCosMom said:
Hmmmm... The only issue with moving to the village is the chance of being found... how will they be able to flag down a passing ship if they are in the middle of the island? That would be my hesitation if I were a lostonian, but I guess they could have beach shifts or whatever, and homes with beds and showers would be pretty sweet at that point!
Good point!
I think the black smoke thingy is like a surveillance device, because of the flashes almost like it is taking a is taking pictures of them and then if it it doesn't like them it grabs them and picks them up, swings them around and kills them, just like with Echo lol. Another theory is that the smoke thing is their conscience? It made sense with the pictures that it has behind the smoke, like it is their memories? I dunno, when it comes to Lost's secrets it gets far too confusing lol. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts