Just Labradors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 20 yearrs ago I entered in and ran in the LA Marathon. I never trained for it, and I certainly wasn't in shape for it and I only lasted 15 miles before I had to quit do to shin splints. I am thinking of trying it again in May of 2010. I was actually about 240 lbs back then (I am a 6'2" tall guy) and just weighed myself in May 7th at 295. I decided to diet and get back into better shape and my ultimate goal is to finish the LA Marathon. I just weighed myself this morning and am down to 265 but obviously still have a way to go. I am hoping to get down to the 190 range by the end of the year and then start running/training till May. I will be 43 just before the marathon.
I figgured if I put this down here then I would have to do it because I hate when I say something and don't get it done. One of the side benifits is it should help with my agility runs with Amber or at least I hope it will.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Good luck! I hope to make my goal weight by the end of the year as well in order to enter a mini-triathalon in spring of 2010.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts