Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just "asked" if I would go to a trade show in Portland, OR next month. My only caveot is that I have to be home on Thursday because we have no child care that Friday. Kinda seems like a waste of money for me to be there for a shift and a half. I would go 2000 miles to see customers for about 6 hours. Kinda seems like a waste of money.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I was just "asked" if I would go to a trade show in Portland, OR next month. My only caveot is that I have to be home on Thursday because we have no child care that Friday. Kinda seems like a waste of money for me to be there for a shift and a half. I would go 2000 miles to see customers for about 6 hours. Kinda seems like a waste of money.
Perhaps 6 hours is all they think is needed. I get pointed all around the country for short face time with the customer on a regular basis. Apparently the cost isn't important. Sofar this year it's been Houston,New Orleans ,FairfaxVirginia and NYC (5 times). it's only February. Of course as when enter the 4th quarter they'll start bitchin' about my travel budget.

Here's a brilliant plan outlined by some execs. I will be responsible for a large order in Seattle. Here's how the Einstein's envision a typical Labs4life work week. Drive to NYC early Monday morning(4hrs), Visit NYC customer until Monday night and fly to Seattle Mon night or Tuesday am. Visit with Seattle until Wed or Thursday. Fly back Thurs am and visit NYC Friday. Repeat for 8 months. Not kidding. Of course I'll submit a more reasonable plan unless we invent a teleportation machine before then.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
My company does that too, and it always seems like a waste to me. I went to Denver last month, and worked about 6-7 hours at a trade show. It took me longer to get there and back than I actually spent working.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Well they decided to send someone else in my place. The other person they are sending is new to the market and it's good for him to go and get experience.

That's good. I would fake my own death to avoid a trade show. It will be good for the new guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.