Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Mambo said:
Can you send some of the rain our way. My grass has been doing the rain dance for weeks.
we are supposed to get some later this week...THANK GOD...

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
That don't look to good!

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
labs4life said:
That don't look to good!
Well, I was in the middle of posting that it looks worse than it is, but they just issued a tornado warning across the river from us, so I guess they're getting stronger. They were just producing some hail, which sucks but doesn't kill.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've got some really awesome green skies going on, I took some pictures and will try to post later. It's due to hail for us, not tornadoes.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
You got home just in the "Nick" of time, I'd say. yuck yuck yuck
Green skies are always scary...

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oooo, good one Nance. :D

Well, the green sky didn't quite come through...but there are some good pictures of a nice shelf cloud. These are clouds that are formed by cold air spilling out ahead of the storm - you often feel it as that really cold wind that comes through right before a storm.

Attempted (but failed) green-sky pictures:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Oh, sweet mother...what I wouldn't do to see sky like that again. I miss those good old midwest storms...they always seem to miss us. :-\ :-\

Of course, I don't want anything that injures or kills...but just something the scares the bejeebers out of you. Something that looks menacing like that...and I like it when the sky swirls.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Holy crap! :eek: I don't know how you cope. I am an abosolute mess when it comes to Tstorms.. you will find me under the stairs; wallet, cell phone, car keys (don't ask) and dog in tow...

Chicken poo... that's me

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I know the Phx Suns are playing the Memphis Grizzlies right now and they said Memphis has tornado warnings at the start of the game.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
yikes!

although, i do love a good thunder and lightning storm..

unfortunately for us, we're getting snow for the next week =(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts