Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A food similar to Natural Balance's Dog Food Rolls. I don't like that they have wheat flour and sugar in them. Wanting something even more "natural" if anyone makes something like that.

· Registered
10,307 Posts
I use them for training. I also don't like the wheat and sugar, and HK gets skin rashes from wheat. But I cut them into 1/4 cubes and she really doesn't get much in a day. This rate hasn't created the rash problem.

I have looked for something like you are seeking. About all I have found is hot dogs or sausage for peeps. But them for my convenience, have to bake or microwave them down to get rid of all that moisture. i.e. I don't like the wet squishy in my pocket.

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I basically need is a diet not a treat. I am currently having to cook for her because of dietary issues with chronic diarrhea and I was looking for something we can use conveniently during travel. Other than taking a cooler and some of her home cooked.

· Registered
10 Posts
Look at dog food analysis www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/index.php/cat/10
I haven't seen the roll foods you are after but they do list some top quality canned food and the ingredients are all listed so you can check for the things that cause allergies in your dog. The aim is for 4 star rating or higher - don't even waist your time with the ones rated lower.
Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.