Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have family coming over for a couple of weeks at the end of August, early September. They are planning to drive from Toronto through Quebec, North East US and back to Toronto.

Currently the following places are on their list:
Toronto - 1 day
Montreal - 1 day
New Hampshire - 1 day
Boston - 1 day
Cap Cod - 1 day
New York - 2 days
Niagara Falls - 1 day
Toronto - 1 day
The days in between are travel days between these places.

Do you have any recommendations for other cities/locations they should add to their list, or anything they just have to see in the places they already have on their list?

They are in their early thirties, if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Between Montreal and New Hamphire there is always Lake George, NY or hiking in the Adirondacks. Also, I would do 2 days on Cape Cod. Maybe 1 day lower Cape and 1 day outer Cape, or a day on Nantucket.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
On the way from Montreal to NH, you might try to drive through Brandon, VT, but even more especially, Woodstock, VT. Woodstock village has a huge number of homes built in a handsome Federalist style of architecture. One of the most beautiful New England villages; it's almost like a New England equivalent of Williamsburg, VA. Many good restaurants (e.g., Woodstock Inn's dining room).

From there, on the way to NH, you'll also pass and can visit Queechee Gorge (between Woodstock & Lebanon, NH).

If I can find a link with pix of Woodstock, I'll ETA it.

http://www.woodstockvt.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock,_Vermont

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sounds like a great road trip!! I'll suggest adding Niagara on the Lake to your Niagara Falls stop. Niagara Falls itself is a wonder to see but the rest of it is sooooo busy and touristy unless thats what you are looking for. Niagara on the Lake is a gem and the wineries are very nice.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!
I appreciate all your comments and will forward them.

And I'll also keep notes and try to persuade SU to maybe take a similar trip next year - with all this planning we are starting to talk about making a road trip to see a little more of Canada and the US.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I was just in Montreal last month - so fun!

We stayed at Le Square Phillips Hotel & Suites. It was a decent hotel, in a great location, with excellent rates and breakfast included. It wasn't the Ritz, but it was nice enough. It is just off of St. Catherine's street, which is a main shopping hub in the city. And you can do a walk down to China Town and through Old Montreal and back in an afternoon. You can also walk down to Crescent Street where there are so many really nice bars, eateries and lounges with patios overlooking the street.

We were there for 2 nights, and just barely fit in everything we wanted to see, but we also shopped A LOT and fit in site-seeing when we could.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts