Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're looking for a family companion to hike, walk, play, cuddle and raise our future children with. We have no intention to ever show, but I think a show Lab would be a better fit for us than a field lab. We're active people, but we want a dog that doesn't need an excessive amount of exercise and doesn't have a super high drive.

The names I've seen mentioned on the forum in Northern California are Shadowbrook, Belgairn, Hyspire, Delby, Braemer and Campbellcroft. But I'm not certain which of these are show Lab breeders and which are field.

Anyone else I missed in my search?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,989 Posts
The first 4 you listed are bench. They all have websites BTW. I have a Hyspire pup - lovely dog.

The others are not as easy to dig up info on - but Braemer appears to be bench with a hunting focus and Campbellcroft is bench - but I could not find anything current on that breeder online.

Try the breed club Laura listed - they can be a good guide to the sort of puppy you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.