Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AGA line was featured at the local home show. The demo people did not mention price which probably means if I have to ask how much it costs I can't afford it. I know AGA is a UK company. I have since found that AGA calls this unit a cooker, us 'mer'cuns call it a stove. The heat storage system seems to be an interestiung concept. Any experience with AGA and AGA style cooking?

TIA

LD

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
The only thing that bothers me is that they always give off heat, and in the summer, that's the last thing I'd want.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Very expensive. I looked into them years ago for a client. From what I gather, they aren't the most efficient in their use of fuel. Also, I don't like that they are always giving off heat. I'd have to shut it off in the summer. I think prices for the smaller ranges start around $5-8,000 for the smaller units. I think the cookers are quite a bit higher.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Personally, for the money, I think I'd go with a Wolff or other top brand. My dream is a restaurant-quality Wolff, with two ovens, and a kitchen setup like Paula Deen has! :happy:

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
There was a radio discussion the other day on Agas and apparently they are very "ungreen"

However for a cold country I would not complain ! If I get my country mansion it will have an AGA

Edited to say that the original AGAS were solid fuel but nowadays you can get gas or electric and I was talking solid fuel !....specifically wood !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts