Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we know we have our Patriot's season tickets, we will be tailgaiting a lot this Fall! I want to start playing around with some good chicken wing recipes to make for some of the games.

If you have a yummy chicken wing recipe - please post it. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
My favorite way to cook wings is either to deep fry or to grill. If you are baking them, you might try steaming them first--cuts down on the grease that cooks off (I started a fire in my oven from cooking wings a few months ago!). Much safer for me to grill, lol. For sauce my favorite is butter + frank's red hot.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They would definitely be grilled. Do you mean you melt butter and combine it with Frank's red hot? That sounds interesting.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
If I don't bread it and deep fry the wings I just grill it after rubbing the wings with some salt and pepper (depends on your taste)

I do the Frank's red hot and butter for the sauce too. Soooooooooooo good! mmmm!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My favorite way to cook wings is either to deep fry or to grill. If you are baking them, you might try steaming them first--cuts down on the grease that cooks off (I started a fire in my oven from cooking wings a few months ago!). Much safer for me to grill, lol. For sauce my favorite is butter + frank's red hot.
I'm w/ Allie on this one, keep it simple. Franks Red Hot is by far the best I have had on wings w/ some butter melted. We deep fry ours after putting it in seasoned water and then rolling it in flour. It's yummeh!!!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I agree, Franks and butter is the only way. Yes you melt the butter and mix in the Franks to make the sauce. Finding your heat level will depend on the ratio for butter to franks. More Franks is hotter. If you want very hot, add white vinegar to the mix, thats how they get suicide hot.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I have a good one at home, I'll dig out tonight. We grill ours, and we also use Frank's Red Hot, but......we skip the butter. It also has other spices and stuff in it. It's the best wing sauce I've tasted. We leave out the butter because of calories. People say it makes the sauce stick to the wings, I say it sticks anyway. And speaking of calories, we hardly ever make real wings, we use chicken breasts and the hot sauce. They are so good!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm getting hungry.....these all sound so yummy!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Here's another alternate. I'm doing this today. Grill Boneless Skinless chicken breasts. Mix together Franks and Diana's Chicken and Rib BBQ sauce. Brush chicken with sauce just before done and again when done. Don't brush too soon or will burn. I have no butter so i left it out and the BBQ sauce will stick to the skinless chicken. Have potatoes and veggies in foil pack to grill too.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Not so much of a fan of hot wings. They are okay, but kind of..done to death? (no offense to those who love them.)
My all time favorite wings recipe:

3-4 pounds chicken wings
1/4 c olive oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 smashed clove of garlic
3 drops Tabasco
1/4 c lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
3 tablespoons ketchup

Combine all ingredients, toss wings to coat, marinade overnight. Bake on lightly greased pan (not too crowded) at 425 degrees. Roast for 10-15 minutes, then stir. Roast and stir every 10-15 minutes. You want the wings to be sticky and brown. If marinade burns in corners of pan, move wings to center and continue to roast until moisture has evaporated and wings are glossy.

Every time I make these for a group, they are gone in 5 minutes. I have never had any left over, even when I have doubled the recipe.

(edited to correct speeling. And darn it, now I'm hungry!)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
no matter how you prepare the wings, my favorite way to season them is after you cook the wings add them to a big mixing bowl.
In the mixing bowl have a bottle of open pit original, stick of butter and tobasco (to your liking). toss them around and enjoy as they are or with blue cheese dip...and I prefer a nice ice cold beer.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Pick me up some while you are there.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Please put all these nummy recipes in our recipe section? =)
I will, I promise! I know this post should have gone there, but I figured it would get more visibility here. And I would like to start experimenting this weekend. :)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
You can make chicken wings at home? Really?

I like the Pinto's chicken flings... yummy breading, no bone. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on the Tickets. SU wants to know where your seats are and where you will be tailgating so he can come try the yummy food.

Our favorite Chicken wing recipe is the following:
1 Cup of white Sugar
1 Cups of Dark Brown Sugar
1 Cup of Soy sauce
mix all together and poor over 3-4 lbs of wings.

Place in the oven for 1 hour the turn the over and cook for another hour. The oven temp is 325... Don't go any higher than that or the mixture boils over. For Tailgating I put the wole mess into a crockpot for the second half and just let the crockpot do its thing.......

Enjoy the games!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts