Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone here gave me a great chili recipe a year or two ago. I have no clue what I did with the recipe but want to make it again. Anyone have a great chile recipe to share...preferably using canned beans!!

Gracias!!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
einsteins legacy said:
Someone here gave me a great chili recipe a year or two ago. I have no clue what I did with the recipe but want to make it again. Anyone have a great chile recipe to share...preferably using canned beans!!

Gracias!!
I have this in the recipe forum:

http://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,23748.0.html

Feel free to use hamburger and add canned beans as long as you don't tell any of the folks who read and post in the historical food forum I moderate on another board. ;)

The main thing about it is the spice mix, allows you to get the flavor range you want and to control the heat to suit the group of victims guests. ;) This is impossible with store bought chili powder, because it is a fixed mix. My basic spice mixed can of course be modified to suit your own taste.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oy Glen, you're going to faint when you hear the ingredients in my chile...I was lazy today but there's not even a drop left!!

Browned some chopped beef
Added 2 cans of "manwich" (have you fainted yet?)
Added some chopped jalapenos
Frank's hot sauce
can of cuban black beans
can of kidney beans

Someone call EMS....Glen must be puking...but it really was delicious!!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
We're having chili tonight too, and I cheated! It's good though. :)

1 lb. ground turkey, 1 package French's Chili-O seasoning, 1 can chili beans, and 1 can petite diced tomatoes. Cook turkey til brown. Drain. Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. Serve over Fritos or tortilla chips with cheddar jack cheese on top. It took all of 15 minutes! lol

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i like to add taco and fajita seasoning to my chili(along with chili powder) and atleast 2 kinds of beans. 3 if i have them. i also use the dreaded ground beef.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
gailatmsu said:
We're having chili tonight too, and I cheated! It's good though. :)

1 lb. ground turkey, 1 package French's Chili-O seasoning, 1 can chili beans, and 1 can petite diced tomatoes. Cook turkey til brown. Drain. Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. Serve over Fritos or tortilla chips with cheddar jack cheese on top. It took all of 15 minutes! lol
I use Chili-O also. Ground beef, some hot sauce, beans, diced tomatoes, and just a few jalapenos. I actually won a chili cook off with it one year! No one knew it was Chili-O!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Someone recommended the 2 or 3 alarm chili spice pack to Denny and he said it is really good. I know that's what he usually uses when he makes chili (I don't even like chili....gasp!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts