Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any toy that squeaks and is floatable.

I know some of those air kong toys squeak and float, but they also fill up with water. I need something that squeaks (preferably a LOUD squeak)....and it floats....and it will not leak water into it.

I've seen a couple on the dock diving circuit, but I can't remember who had them to go back and ask them.

Any ideas? Anyone? Anyone?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't think the water wubba squeaks!

Does it have to be a tug type toy? Can "Cuz" toys work? They are LOUD.

My airdog that floats, doesn't squeak.

On clean run...

Frequent Flyer Fire Hose Dog Toy
Katie's Bumpers

The Frequent Flyer squeaks, flies, and floats; it's ring shape even allows it to be used as a tug toy. This toy is made out of tough fire hose (pre-consumer hose material, meaning it's brand new and not recycled) so it's very buoyant in the water, making it one of our best water toys. The bright colors of the Frequent Flyer make it easy for the dog to see on the water, on land, in the snow, and in the shadows—dogs don't miss it! Safe and strong construction. Although this toy is not indestructible, it is very durable. 9.5" in diameter. Machine wash and air dry. Available in assorted colors; please allow us to choose for you.
can find it here: http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1085&ParentCat=274&CFID=3083578&CFTOKEN=31748412

Another toy... Seacreatures Beachcomber toys...found here: http://www.fetchdog.com/shop/a/dog-toys/toss_retrieve/T10017

there may be other options at Fetchdog.com

ETA: if you get the beachcomber toy, it is on sale for $9.95 at Cleanrun.com

·
Registered
148 Posts
We picked up this toy at PetSmart a few weeks ago - not sure of the name so I included a picture - but it has a high pitched loud squeak and it does float! It is like a frisbee with holes around the outside with a squeaky ball in the middlel and is rubbery.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions. Some I've looked at before.

I'm looking for something for Hoppy to get him motivated to retrieve and, hopefully, go off the dock. We have a cuz taht we are going to try at practice tomorrow. But I'm going to look more into these suggestions and get something to take to our next event.

He's so big and loveable...if he ever went off that dock, the crowd would go wild!!!!!

Thanks, y'all!!! ;)

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
snowflake said:
Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions. Some I've looked at before.

I'm looking for something for Hoppy to get him motivated to retrieve and, hopefully, go off the dock. We have a cuz taht we are going to try at practice tomorrow. But I'm going to look more into these suggestions and get something to take to our next event.

He's so big and loveable...if he ever went off that dock, the crowd would go wild!!!!!

Thanks, y'all!!! ;)
Aw I hope you can find something that will motivate him to do it! :D I've seen those squeaky ones made out of the fire hose material and Abbey loved the noise. The Cuz things tend to fill up with water, especially once there's a hole in it! ;)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
bigdogmom said:
We picked up this toy at PetSmart a few weeks ago - not sure of the name so I included a picture - but it has a high pitched loud squeak and it does float! It is like a frisbee with holes around the outside with a squeaky ball in the middlel and is rubbery.

I have looked at this one before, so I'm really interested in finding out how it lasts for you! Sammi is a "heavy" chewer! O.k she destroys most toys in a nanu sec. :laugh:- but does have a couple of toys made with the same material as this one! I was concerned because of the holes thinking it might be thinner on the outside, and there-fore easier for her to destroy! Is your dog very hard or destructive on toys? Don't want to hi-jack, but really would love the input on this toy! Thx's- Di

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
You can get a water kong that has a sponge in the middle and doesnt fill up with water, pretty sure Alfies squeaked too

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rudder is an EXTREME EXTREME chewer! I have a nice collection of black XL Kongs that she has destroyed over the last 6 months. My last round of toy buying about 5 weeks ago consisted of that frisbee/squeaky ball, 2 XXL Blue kongs, a Nylabone Rhino Cone chew toy (similar to a kong), Busy Buddy Twist and Treat dog toy, a Rhino Bone and a Hurley. I am happy to say - Wooo Hooo - we still have them all!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
bigdogmom said:
Rudder is an EXTREME EXTREME chewer! I have a nice collection of black XL Kongs that she has destroyed over the last 6 months. My last round of toy buying about 5 weeks ago consisted of that frisbee/squeaky ball, 2 XXL Blue kongs, a Nylabone Rhino Cone chew toy (similar to a kong), Busy Buddy Twist and Treat dog toy, a Rhino Bone and a Hurley. I am happy to say - Wooo Hooo - we still have them all!

Thxs. I'll be off to petsmart tomorrow, wonder if DH will notice another toy in the living room!! :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
For what it is worth, on the retrieving toy, or in your case the dock diving toy, and destructive chewing.

In our house, toys meant for retrieving are never left around for independent play. That basically means no chew opportunity. HK loves retrieving, but I have to have dedicated toys for that purpose or they don't come back. Half retrieve and then lay down to chew. Destroys bumpers before I can get to it.

PS: It took a while, but she knows the difference. As soon as she sees me go to the box with her retrienve toys, (inside or outside variety, she knows whats coming and our bouncing Lab appears like someone turned on the bouncy switch.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Let me know how the Cuz works. Bauer has this:

http://www.amazon.com/Squeak-Fetch-Durable-Throwing-Chewing/dp/B000G8IK7Q

The squeaker is pretty quiet, and it fills with water after a couple of retrieves. I haven't found anything with a squeaker that doesn't fill with water. Bauer has the water kong (kong with floatable foam filling on a rope, but no squeaker).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts