Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

he had on a collar that was almost chewed through and part of a leash that he chewed. so who ever he belongs to must of had him tied by a leash outside. i will ask around and bring him to the vet tomorrow to see if he's microchipped. he could have been dropped since we live in the country.

how old would you say he is? and what is he mixed with?

sorry the pictures are so dark. i wish the ones playing with ginger would have come out but they were all blurry.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Re: look what was at my house.....(pics)

ooohhh, he's cute!!!! That side picture of him reminds me of a German Shepherd. They way his ears are back and his stance. I would say maybe 5-6 mos. It's hard to tell with nothing to compare his size to -

Good luck tonights - and thanks for caring!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

he's tiny maybe about 15 to 20 pounds. tomorrow i will try to get better pictures of them playing.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts

I dunno now....the more I look at that picture, I'm not thinking Shepherd....I have to stare a bit more...Hmmm?

·
Registered
10,345 Posts

Whtever he is he is a handsome little fellow. Makes me sad to think he was tied up putside without supervision.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts

Aw, he sure is cute!

So young. I'm betting he just slipped away by accident and someone is looking for him. 5-6 months can be such a handful!

Glad he found you :) Hope he's chipped! If not, maybe you could place an ad in the paper?

·
Registered
7,913 Posts

He's cute. He also looks young...still a pup. It is really hard to say what he is mixed with. It is much easier to take a guess when they are fully mature. If I had to take a random guess I'd say Shepherd/Collie/Lab but again, its hard to say.

I hope the vets brings you some answers.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

while he was sleeping i looked at his teeth. he has adult teeth in the front top only all the others are still baby teeth.

when ginger plays with him she drools or has white foam on her mouth...she has never done that with other dogs? he's now after her 'privates' and he tries to hump which i stop him immediately and then he makes whimpering sounds.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

My **** zu used to drool when there were other little dogs around (hethought he was a big dog) or puppies once he go older. It is a bit of a"nervous" reaction. I always knew when he "didn't like" the other dog this way - over time with a new dog it would go away as they got used to each other but it always seemed hard on him. You may want to separate them for a bit and make sure Ginger is reassured that she is your one and only (for now anyways ;))

·
Registered
5,268 Posts

Trickster said:
If I had to take a random guess I'd say Shepherd/Collie/Lab but again, its hard to say.
Doh! Just coming back this morning to add Collie!!!! HA!!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

I think he looks very young, too. He's a lovely package and has a great tail!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

After looking at the pics from the side I would say some type of collie.
Olie

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

well he's not microchipped. so we will put an ad in the paper and we put one up at the vets office. he weighs 24 pounds and the vet thinks he's 4-6 months old. he knows the commands to pee and poop but nothing else....he bites, jumps, chases the cats, eats the cat food. he is very hyper.

ginger and oliver (what we are calling him for now)

this is the collar and part of the leash he chewed to get free

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
He is a cutie. Looks like Ginger and Oliver are having fun.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MyLabsMom said:
Such a sweetie - does Ginger like playing with him?
she drools/foams a while but it stops once they start playing. she chases him and he chases her...she sure is exhausted after playing. he likes to jump on her and get at her ears which she doesn't like.

i'm going to report that i found him, ask around, put ads in the local papers, and at the vets (i put one this morning). how long do i wait if nobody claims him? i don't want to take him to the vet to have all his shot and have him fixed then someone claims him and will not pay me back for the vet bills. i plan to keep him if no one claims him so i'm just wondering the time frame.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
eklind51 said:
i plan to keep him if no one claims him so i'm just wondering the time frame.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I was hoping you'd say that!!!

I don't know....maybe 2 weeks????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts