Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you wear a long sleeve shirt (sweater or botton up collar shirt) Do you tend to roll your sleeves up before the end of the day?

I know most if not all guys do. When I wear a botton up collar shirt the sleeves are rolled up before I even leave the house in the mornings. Long sleeve sweaters stay down all day.

Do you roll your sleeves?

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Nope, it's cold enough here most of the time if you wear long sleeve, they stay down. In the summer I won't buy long sleeves at all, I buy 3/4 length or short sleeved dress shirts for work.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i usually roll my up before i even leave the house. i like long sleeved shirts because they are thicker then regular short sleeved and (guys cover your eyes on this one) i don't have to wear a padded bra with them. i don't feel like high beaming every student and staff in my building if i haven't got one washed in time. and our school is now air conditioned so that means by 3:00, my room is about arctic so the sleeves end up coming down again sometime during the day.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Yep. In fact I'm sitting here in a long sleeved shirt with the sleeves pushed up, though not quite up to the elbows.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
The only long sleeved shirts I have are those plaid flannel ones for cool weather. I roll the sleeves 2 or 3 times.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I wear long sleeved shirts anytime I go outside, part because of my period dress, part because I hate sun screen. The only time I roll them up is when I'm doing camp cooking and am up to my elbows in bread dough or dish water.

Most folks don't realize being covered fully will keep your body cooler with natural fabrics, (wool, cotton, linen, silk) than being uncovered, however your mind will not let you believe it.

Also as to the period dress, it was considered wrong to have sleeves rolled up except when needed to do certain tasks, same with the collar button. If you need your sleeves up just a little you use sleeve garters. (Think Glen Strange as Sam the bartender on Gunsmoke.)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I'm a long sleeve roller/pusher upper. My sisters used to tease me that when I got married I'd have the sleeves on my wedding gown rolled up before I got halfway down the aisle. ::)

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I push mine up ever so slightly - just above my wrists - while I'm eating because I'm the type that will drag her sleeve through her spaghetti. But other than that I don't. I'm constantly on my son to put his sleeves down because he pushes them up past his elbows. Drives me crazy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts