Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just a quick update...

Heres a video of him yesterday he now babbles at the tv and camera...ignore the high pitched mad woman in the background :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6jnizxShdw

Also had a letter today from Great Ormond St hospital which basically says what im about to paste. So this is how it all stands and is what point we are at now. Just waiting about :cool: and he starts high calorie feeds tomorrow

Thank you for coming up for Logans investigations. We know that Logan has the 22q11 deletion and you have yet met the genetics doctors to discuss this and to determine whether you as parents need to be tested. We discussed Logans cardiac catheter the other day. It shows that the artery to the left lung is supplied by single blood vessel from the left arm artery and the arteries to the right lung come across from various different blood vessells, coming from the main blood vessel going down through the chest called the aorta.

Our surgeons feel that the blood vessels can be joined up firstly to each other and then to the heart using a conduit with a valve in it. If everything goes nicely, it will be possible also to close the hole in the heart and make Logans circulation as near to normal as possible. Sometimes when the patch is put in a little hole is left behind as a blow of valve in case the pressure in the lungs is quite high.

The next question that we have to answer is that of timing and we all felt that because the operation will be quite tricky we should wait to see how Logan does over the next few weeks or months in order to try and get a little bigger. It will be great if Logans calories could be intensified as much as possible and I hope that Dr Rubin will be able to put you in touch with the dietician to make sure that Logan has high calorie feeds. In the meantime please keep in touch with Dr Rubin and I look forward to seeing you back at Kings Lynn for my Autumn clinic.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
what a sweetheart he is Karen.

Looks as though the prognosis is quite good, though it must be so scary facing such a tricky op in order to get there.

You have my love and good thoughts xx

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
He is just the cutest thing!!! I love those cheekies of his! His future sounds very promising and that there are some excellent doctors on your team with solutions to his issues. Prayers and continued good thoughts will be coming your way.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
What a darling he is! Continued prayers and good thoughts that the surgeons do a perfect job for Logan's heart and circulation.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Oh my goodness, I just want to give him kisses!

Sounds like your medical team is doing a fantastic job, and its wonderful to have a solution. I can't imagine how scary an operation on your little man will be for you all though, you have my continued thoughts and prayers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts