Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's before and after pics of the living room's new floor. I haven't got the painting done yet. Maybe you guys can give me suggestions for colors. The before ones are Christmas with the grandkids.

After, as you can see, moved the entertainment center to the other wall. I dont' know why I never did that before. I have so much more room now.

I'll try to get before and after of the den and bedrooms that are done and painted.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
joflake said:
Champs Mom said:
Very nice! Is that real hardwood or laminate?
Thanks! It's real hard wood and I love it.
Have the dogs scratched it yet?! :laugh: I love how that's my first question. My parents put new wood floors in part of their house before we got the dogs and they are WRECKED.

BTW - your floors look awesome and i LOVE that rug!!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Jodie, your floors are lovely! I wasn't brave enough to get real wood when I redid mine! I'm not good when it comes to picking wall colors, but I think a warm color that would go with your brick fireplace and wood trim work.
Cute grandkids!

T

·
0 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, you don't have to say how much, but did it run you a lot for the floors?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good morning everybody and thanks! I went with the real hardwood because after weighing the pros and cons, and I do not take this task lightly, I went with the real wood because if it gets damaged, and I'm sure it will, I can refinish it later. If the laminate gets damaged, and I've talked to enough people that have it to find out that it does, I can't fix it later. I also looked at bamboo for the kitchen and decided against it. I'm going with tile in that room. That hasn't even been started yet. The wood is made by Bruce and it's 3/4" solid oak. The color is called gunstock. In the den and pool room, which I'll try to get pictures later, is also oak but I went with natural. It's a lighter color. I wanted warm in the living room and bedrooms. Linda, your floor color made my decision there. Yours is really nice. Regina, I don't mind answering the $$$ questions. For just the wood for 1475 square feet was $4900. That's prefinished. That does not count installation. My contractor is charging me $3.00 a square foot. The tile will obviously cheaper, but I don't even know how much yet.

Can you guys suggest some colors for the living room?

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
It looks awesome!! Are your dogs calm? If so, you should be okay except for minor scratches. My guys are horses in the house constantly going at it with tug and bitey face and chase...my wood floors look like someone took an ice pick to them. So if your guys get rowdy...put down more rugs!!

As for the color...I'm a yellow person so something in the cream/yellow or tan/yellow will keep it bright. I really love it though and especially love the two beds in front of the fireplace and the dogs on the chair! :laugh:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zoezoe said:
It looks awesome!! Are your dogs calm? If so, you should be okay except for minor scratches. My guys are horses in the house constantly going at it with tug and bitey face and chase...my wood floors look like someone took an ice pick to them. So if your guys get rowdy...put down more rugs!!

As for the color...I'm a yellow person so something in the cream/yellow or tan/yellow will keep it bright. I really love it though and especially love the two beds in front of the fireplace and the dogs on the chair! :laugh:
Yeah, that's how it usually is. The only time they lay on the beds is if I need to sit down! And they don't like it either! :laugh:

T

·
0 Posts
zoezoe said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LMAO @My dogs are horses in the house...I really laughed out loud!!!

T

·
0 Posts
I agree with Sandy, I think a cream/yellow or tan/yellow would look bright and nice!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Looks great!! :happy:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts