Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It drives me insane when girls call their boyfriend or fiance..... "Hubby"
Call them what they are, I believe it's a special term to be only used after you have said the "I Do's!"

ok that's all for now

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
If that is your biggest problem today, I am happy that things are going so well for you. <g>

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
If I'm somebody's boyfriend and she refers to me as Hubby, I am running, not walking, to the nearest exit.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I have never heard anyone do that.

·
Registered
618 Posts
My brother calls his girlfriend - wife, woman, spouse. It drives me crazy. I tell him the same thing....She is not your wife until the paper is signed and the I do's are said. They aren't even engaged yet! He does that with all the girlfriends that he has ever had. They are all the "woman of his dreams"! poor things!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I don't even like the term "hubby" after marriage. Although I've been known to say it/write it.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
My brother and his girlfriend do that, and it annoys the crap out of me. He calls her Wifey, and she calls him Hubby. I always tell them to get married so they can call each other Dipshit and Jackass, just like nature intended. :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a friend on facebook, not a close friend at all....fiance of my fiance's buddy.
All her updates on facebook are all like "Oh i love my hubby" "My hubby's so great" "hanging out w/ hubby"

It's just so annoying!

The first time I met her, about a month ago, we all went out to eat and she was practically glued to him the entire meal. She seemed overly clingy and very insecure of the relationship, so she had to overdo the affection for us to see how much in love they are.
All we hear about from other friends is how much they fight and how he has been second guessing getting married days after he proposed.

So I guess all that plays into why I hate her hubby talk even more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts