Just Labradors banner

Little House obsession

612 views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  BucksMom 
#1 ·
That's what Paul & I currently have, I'm embarrassed to say. :eek: We discovered it a couple of months ago, reruns on The Hallmark channel on weekends, several episodes in a row. Brought me right back to (the good part of) my childhood. Back then I called it "Little Fairies on the Prairie", just because it rhymed. :p My sister and I were obsessed back then, too. We wanted to be Mary and Laura, we even wore those nightcaps to bed.
LOL! I wanted nothing more than for Pa to be my Dad.

Another one is The Waltons. Such a shame they don't make such "wholesome" shows anymore.

*sigh*

#4 ·
I remember those shows too!! Can't say that i'd want to live it tho. Spending summers in farmland Saskatchewan is enough. The same darn outhouse is still there and in full use. GAHHHH, thats the reason i'm afraid to go visit, i hated that thing. But i do remember living the fun stuff with my cousin. You are right Amy the "wholesome" stuff has become something of the past.

#5 ·
You need to come to Minnesota to visit the Little House Museum in Mankato. When our girls were about 10 we took a road trip to Yellowstone. On the way back, when we crossed back in to MN, one of the girls said, 'Dad! Remember that we are going through Mankato to sto at the museum on the way home.'

Duh! What museum is in Mankato?

The two of them were relentless. They came up wit this on their own. Mom denies any involvement to this day. They had it all planned out. They knew which routes we had to take and everything.

#7 ·
I love watching little house on the prairie. I discovered the show in college my senior year. Watched it everyday after my afternoon class ended! Up until then I had only heard of it never actually watched it. I think they played it on A&E or one of those channels that play older tv shows.
I also watched Murder She Wrote and MatLock :p

There really are no good shows anymore :(

#8 ·
Oh Ed, that is so cool!!!
Didn't realize Mankato was a real place. I don't suppose Walnut Grove is, too?

Whaaaaat? I don't know anything about MN!!

#9 ·
Well, not anymore. They blew it up, remember. =)

Loved Little House. I remember coming home from school, sitting on the footstool, eating a peanut butter sandwich, wearing my easter bonnet watching Little House.

I have the boxed set of books. I had them when I was young, but then when I got older I decided to sell them in a garage sale. Mom told me I'd regret it someday... pshaw. She was right! I found the exact same set again about 5 years ago at another garage sale and grabbed them right up. Lady probably thought I was nuts the way I rambled about them. (Highly unusual for me, I do not talk to strangers.)

#10 ·
I liked the episode of Little House where they killed off Albert for absolutely no reason other than it was May sweeps. And that was after saving him from a terrible drug addiction picked up on the streets of some big city. Yes, it was a simpler time. Poor Albert.

Loved The Waltons except that I hated JohnBoy. I spent several years hoping that he'd be killed in a terrible mill accident. Such a freakin goody goody.

#14 · (Edited)
Yea, see, there were a gazillion episodes that I missed. I told Paul and the boys that I want the DVD's for my birthday. :)

I did see the one where WG blew up - that was a good one!! With that stupid Acme or Shop-Rite guy who was on Poltergeist. Ugh, can't stand him!!

How did Albert come into their family, anyway?

Saw one a couple of weeks ago called "The 3 bullies" or something like that. Charles opens up a can of whoopass on some bullies in town that were trying to take Caroline's eggs. OMG we were in tears, laughing hysterically over that one!!! :D

#16 ·
I did see the one where WG blew up - that was a good one!! With that stupid Acme or Shop-Rite guy who was on Poltergeist. Ugh, can't stand him!!D
LOL. James Karen. And it was Pathmark.

Our kids LOVE watching Little House. They've got some seasons boxed on DVD. And the others they watch on Hallmark.

I always thought there was something developmentally wrong with Carrie; she always seemed the type to not be smart enough to avoid falling into a pile of cowflop at any turn.

It just went on too long. Grace. Albert. Cousin Oliver. Any wayward waif west of the Mississippi ended up at the Ingalls'.

Definitely jumped the shark when they hit their Very Special Episode of Nellie's foray into risque modelling. Oy, those pictures of her in nothing but a bustier and a bustle!!!

#17 ·
I always thought there was something developmentally wrong with Carrie; she always seemed the type to not be smart enough to avoid falling into a pile of cowflop at any turn.
YES! I refer to her as The Little Sh*t. Lovingly of course. *cough*
Well did you catch the one where TLS fell into the well that turned out to be an old mine? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.