Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took Linus to the vet for his lump on 02/25. The vet said he didn't like the looks of the fluid. I talked to him later (dad went with him, does not understand lingo). He spoke about removing it or watching it for a month or two and seeing if it changed or got bigger which it did not. However, tonight dad said he reached down to pet him and felt something liquid and there was dried blood on his coat. I took a look at it with the flashlight and it has a hole in it and is draining some. It seems to have a "shell" in it which is thin. So he will be heading back to the vet tomorrow night. Oddly, enough it does seem to bother or hurt him in the least. Can u folks say some prayers please.

Thanks.

Peg

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for Linus.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Oh Peg! Fingers are crossed for you and Linus! It kind of sounds like an infection for it to rupture like that. Please let us know as soon as you hear...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the vet did aspirate it a few weeks ago. All he said was he didn't like the looks of it. We decided to watch it for a few weeks and see what happened. This is three weeks ago. As I said over the weekend it got a hole in it and started seeping. I took a look at it with a flashlight last night. Through the hole I could see what looked like a sac full of liquid. I wasn't about to mess with it so I left it alone and called the vet this morning. Linus has an appointment at 4:20 today to see what the deal is, but my gut feeling is that he will have to have surgery.

Again I would appreciate thoughts and prayers. Linus was born in our house along with his four sisters and he is my baby.

Thanks,
Peg :-(

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Prayers on the way for you all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts