Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is baking in my oven right now. Serving it with a big, crispy organic greens salad from a local CSA & my homemade balasmic dressing.

Easy, fast, smells SO good. Much like my "Notsagne", but with provolone & sour cream... and how can that be bad?

Title should read "BakeD ziti", I tried to correct it, but for some reason, we can't edit titles?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
thanks T, I like photos of food...
wait why when typed does that sounds creepy???:)
Sandie used to take photos of her dinner plates and I got some great ideas.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lindsay's ziti is in the recipe section, and my dressing is just a clove or 2 of garlic, crushed, some good quality extra virgin olive oil, and the best balsamic vinegar you can find (I buy the one from Costco, usually) . sea salt & fresh cracked pepper & a bit of fresh herbs. I usually use oregano. Mix EVOO & balsamic with crushed garlic (I usually use 3 TBSP oil & 2 balsamic, roughly...I eyeball it) season to taste. Toss with greens. also an excellent marinade, especially for fresh local tomatoes at room temp for a few hrs.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
OOOOO!!!! Do tell!!! How was it?

I'm making it Saturday night to bake & serve on Sunday for Dungeons & Dragons group. LOL (the usual fare is warmed up freeze/packaged appetizer crap like Taquitos, TGIF Potatoe Skins... etc.)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
yum! take a picture and post to FB please!
Well why FB and not here?

How did it come out? I plan on making that soon! :)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A quick shot taken on my range top. The range hood lights are halogen, which casts an odd light for pictures.

I substituted whole wheat penne for the ziti, they are pretty close anyway.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Looks great! What kind of meat did you use for the top? I'm going to use ground sirloin....

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Now I'm hungry and it's at least an hour before I should eat lunch...

AH SCREW IT... I'm hungry!

*runs off to eat a small portion of leftover ziti* (yup that's right... I have some in the fridge at work!)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used a combo of extra lean sirloin & some all-natural, preservative-free sweet italian sausge made at a local butcher. I thought all sausage may have been a bit too rich (these sausages are quite rich tasting & flavourful)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts